Store Closings: Ralph Lauren, Cartier, Escada, & Zenga

Exactly. We reopen the second week of June. There just isn't anyone on Alvear these days...perhaps on Cabildo we'll actually have more than one person enter the store every four hours! ;)
The owner cried all morning as we packed, though actually the move will be a good thing.

Sad, huh. I guess as you say on the bright side she isnt closing altogether. Imagine the rent on Cabildo would be atleast 50% of what is on Alvear, maybe less!

Ralph Lauren has opened up an "Outlet" or "Liquidación" location on Armenia b/n El Salvador & Costa Rica (just before Costa Rica on the right going with traffic). There are a couple of other brand names on the front, but the "RALPH LAUREN" is prominently in the middle above the store front and much larger than the other brand names.

My guess is that it is a way to sell off inventory and pick up some pesos in order to pay off whatever they need to be paid off. (Taxes, salaries, rent?...)

It's kind of weird seeing things dry up. Perhaps this will be a boon for local companies like "La Martina", "Cardon", & "La Dolfina". Vamos a ver.

A secret deal happened ... all the foreign uber luxury stores need to close in Buenos Aires to make way for an Ikea and a Target.

(Reading some books on visual manifestation ... forgive me)

Those two stores would put Once out of business.

Surprises me that Cabildo would have much high end trade. The avenue has really deteriorated over the past 20 years i have been in Argentina. It used to be pretty solidly middle class. Now a lot looks poor. I know threre is a lot of street traffic but i cant see people there buying Gucci or the likes unless they are copies sold by street vendors.

Surprises me that Cabildo would have much high end trade. The avenue has really deteriorated over the past 20 years i have been in Argentina. It used to be pretty solidly middle class. Now a lot looks poor. I know threre is a lot of street traffic but i cant see people there buying Gucci or the likes unless they are copies sold by street vendors.

It is the new middle class, Sergio. Same people with less money. All stores sell the same crap they purchase on Avellaneda.... Crappy clothing .
----

You know, "la década ganada" :cool: .

It is the new middle class, Sergio. Same people with less money. All stores sell the same crap they purchase on Avellaneda.... Crappy clothing .
----

You know, "la década ganada" :cool: .

You are probably right that the new middle class is much much poorer....but is that luxury shop that moved selling junk or high end clothes? Avenida Alvear is not Once.

Where on cabildo and are you selling the same high value stuff or more mid range now? I need a new watch !

Back