Street robbery in Palermo

I'll predict boldly that Milei will never be elected because very few women will vote for him. He proposed to outlaw abortion and abolish the Ministry of Women. Whatever they may say in public, in the privacy of the voting booth the women of this country won't vote for that.

But thanks for the meme.

Red, it's a brave man who claims to know what women think and will do.
A brave man or an idiot, one of the two.
Anything is possible. We might wake up Monday morning to find that FiT has won in the first round, and Gabriel Solano will be the next El Presidente.

Last edited:
I'll predict boldly that Milei will never be elected because very few women will vote for him. He proposed to outlaw abortion and abolish the Ministry of Women. Whatever they may say in public, in the privacy of the voting booth the women of this country won't vote for that.

But thanks for the meme.
Standing by this?

To be fair to Red, there have been other posters around here lately even more dismissive of the chances that Milei would make it.

Does anybody truly believe that the results of the October election will alter the likelihood of petty theft?

Does anybody truly believe that the results of the October election will alter the likelihood of petty theft?
You asked the question, so I will answer it, but the truth is grim.

Years ago when I was new in-country, at one of our regular get-togethers, a man who had been here at the time commented that the one and only good thing about the dictatorship was that street crime dropped to near zero. I have since heard the same from other sources.

If Milei or even Bullrich won and went full hardcore mano dura, then yes, based upon historical example, it might make a difference. But it would mean the police shooting people out of hand.

To be fair, there is some precedent in the USA. There have been a few occasions of major riots (e.g., Rodney King or Watts) when a governor simply declared martial law and called out the national guard, who did in fact shoot people they believed to be looting. It happened.

Uh yeah, I'm out of words. Like I said at the start, it's a grim subject. There's a lot of blood on the ground here in Argentina.

Last edited:
Back