Strike!paro!

http://m.cronista.com/Mobile/nota.html?URI=/contenidos/2014/08/21/noticia_0103.html

Here we go again... Or more appropriately, don't go... Paro Nacional is programmed for Thursday

Yet another not so quaint Argentine custom, not without its benefits of course, the major one being peace and quiet.
Shops will stay open, so we won't starve, so that's ok.

The trickle down effect will prevail , where no one will be able to get to work.Or be hours late. Plus finding a taxi in the city will be a challenge. As for the young mothers who drive the kiddies to school , they will always be a huge major pain in the ass. On our street or near our home , there are several schools. They double park , chit chat with the other mothers , chase their kids out of the kioskos , and generally wreck complete havoc on quite streets.

On our street or near our home , there are several schools. They double park , chit chat with the other mothers , chase their kids out of the kioskos , and generally wreck complete havoc on quite streets.

We live on the 6th floor, frente. I keep a bucket of water sitting on my balcony. A nicely placed shot of water arcing over the railing has worked wonders for:

1. Drunk teenagers singing at 3:30 am.
2. Drunk homeless guys yelling at each other.
3. Guys peeing on the big tree in front of our building.
4. The dogs that (used to) bark at each other while tied to the tree.
5. That a$$hole in the BMW that insistently blew his horn while sitting in his car with the window down instead of getting out and ringing the door buzzer for the person he was meeting (that was particularly rewarding). :)

Caught by a train at the via , the student in car next to us rolled down her passenger side window and deposited a banana peel on the ground. I got out of my car , picked up said banana peel and placed it directly on the offending cars windshield with a look of complete malicious contempt on my face , that I am sure could have froze hell over.

Not sure if my point educated them , but I hope so.

Sorry this has nothing to do with porteros.

So , GS , if you dumped your bucket on someone this morning , would it count as an Ice Bucket Challenge ?

The trickle down effect will prevail , where no one will be able to get to work.Or be hours late. Plus finding a taxi in the city will be a challenge. As for the young mothers who drive the kiddies to school , they will always be a huge major pain in the ass. On our street or near our home , there are several schools. They double park , chit chat with the other mothers , chase their kids out of the kioskos , and generally wreck complete havoc on quite streets.

Very true all store workers in Recoleta live in the suburbs so chances are some will not be able to show up.

Comment with no security transport trucks no cash in banks also fuel tankers will not reach gas stations

We live on the 6th floor, frente. I keep a bucket of water sitting on my balcony. A nicely placed shot of water arcing over the railing has worked wonders for:

1. Drunk teenagers singing at 3:30 am.
2. Drunk homeless guys yelling at each other.
3. Guys peeing on the big tree in front of our building.
4. The dogs that (used to) bark at each other while tied to the tree.
5. That a$$hole in the BMW that insistently blew his horn while sitting in his car with the window down instead of getting out and ringing the door buzzer for the person he was meeting (that was particularly rewarding). :)

I got doused by balcony water not once, but TWICE (from 2 separate balconies) on my first night in barcelona a few years back. quite proud of it tbh.

Comment with no security transport trucks no cash in banks also fuel tankers will not reach gas stations

Even if they wanted to nothing will reach town since the Panamericana and the Gral Paz usually get totally shut down by the paro.

Back