Student Visa Expires Before Course Ends?

Geash indicated he/she was grated residencia transitoria as a student. Doesn't a tourist visa also grant residencia transitoria?

You talk about visas when you are abroad, you talk about residency when you are here. Simple.

If migraciones is enacting deportation orders for students who overstay thier visa, how likely are they to start doing the same for tourists?

The DNM follows the students visa with periodical checks. It is standard. So, he is in the radar while they cannot follow the tourist entry permits (i-94).

I'd be pretty curious to see actual numbers of deportations and under what circumstances. Because you know.sometimes there is some hyperbole...cough.

It is always the same, a general violation to the immigration law. I m receiving a lot of them.

Update:

I got the end date fixed, but because so much time had passed from when my residency was first granted, I couldn't get a copy from Migraciones's website. I'm going off of what my advisor told me that his contact in Migraciones told him.

I left the country by bus for travel before speaking with my advisor (stupid, yes I know) and was told by border patrol to pay a fine while in the other country. I did so, got a print out, and was given a 90 day tourist stamp when I came back to Argentina. Thankfully I was allowed to re-enter, even though no one asked to see if I paid the fine. I just used the tourist stamp to leave at Ezeiza since I could not get proof of my corrected residencia

God bless Argentina, if an Argentine had done what I did in my country (USA) they would have been put on the first plane out and banned for years! Lesson learned.

Back