Stuffed Pasta Shells

stephensonle

Registered
Can anyone recommend a place to buy the dried pasta shells you use to make stuffed shells?

Oh yeah, baby...

chicken-spinach-stuffed-shells-side.jpg

On the corner of Guatemala and Thamas there is a wine store that has beautiful hard pasta. 2 or 3 stores down from the wine store, on Thamas, is Genova Fresh Pasta shop which is the very best fresh pasta I've ever had anywhere (yes, anywhere in the world).

T/

2 or 3 stores down from the wine store, on Thamas, is Genova Fresh Pasta shop which is the very best fresh pasta I've ever had anywhere (yes, anywhere in the world).

the street is called thames (not thamas) . the pasta shop is called la genovesa (not genova). it's been around since 1903!! run by the nicest people in the world. the address is thames 2080@guatemala . the fresh pasta is divine (especially the raviolones con berenjena y mozzarella).

but, if you are looking for hard pasta, this is NOT your place. for that, try bodega amparo.

[/size]

the street is called thames (not thamas) . the pasta shop is called la genovesa (not genova). it's been around since 1903!! run by the nicest people in the world. the address is thames 2080@guatemala . the fresh pasta is divine (especially the raviolones con berenjena y mozzarella).

but, if you are looking for hard pasta, this is NOT your place. for that, try bodega amparo.
Sorry about the miss spelling, but Tom's heart was in the right place and the info is correct. For hard pasta try that wine place on the corner, he has some beautiful things in there, pasta, cheese, olive oil etc.
Nancy

I saw them in the food section at Falabella once. They seemed somewhat smaller than the ones I used to buy in the US. In New York city stuffed shells were sure a popular food item when I was a kid, much less though as I got older and the children of the first generation Italian immigrants started eating less pasta / tomato sauce dishes and more types of North American and gourmet foods. I remember even being served stuffed shells in the school lunchroom in elementary school, but of course, the lunch ladies were Mrs. Costa, Mrs. Altieri and Mrs. Bucola, they were so sweet with their hair nets and all.

Back