Finding The Right Semola To Make Pasta

Girino

Registered
I am looking for a cheaper alternativa to semola Divella that it used to make pasta. This is a semola that in Italian is called "semola rimacinata di grano duro" (durum wheat semolina ground twice), whose texture is half-way between the semola and the semolín I found in the dieteticas in Argentina.

The semola is too coarse, the pasta comes out rough. The semolin is too fine, my machine cannot process it because it is not powerful enough for such a compact dough.

Semola Divella costs 64 pesos per 500 g at the Chinos, and for that price you can buy ready-made imported Italian pasta. I tried on mercadolibre but I had no luck. Alternatively, is there a dietetica that grind the semola to my taste?

divella_semola.jpg

use the semolin and slightly more water. or mix the semolin with regular flour in 2:1 or 3:1 ratio.

How long are you resting your dough before rolling? Are you resting it in the fridge. Cold dough is harder to roll.

Also, go to the gym. Or get an electric roller.

The ratios for hand making and machine making are different. It should not be like pasta made with eggs (pasta all'uovo), it should be sand-like, with no lumps.

It is not available here, except you need enough quantity and a mill will make it for you. Perhaps if you get a mill for use at home, then you will be able to regulate the diameter of the semola. It doesnt hurt to try with a coffee mill a little bit and then pass it thorugh a sieve of the diameter needed.

Back