Subte linea D / Monthly expenses

ben said:
Barrio Norte is not a formal barrio, much as Once is really an area within the formal barrio of Balvanera (same for Abasto and I think Almagro). As I understand it, Barrio Norte spans parts, but not all of both Recoleta and Palermo. Not sure what the exact bounds are, but Soler and Agüero definitely qualifies. As mentioned, it is formally part of Palermo (I believe Pueyrredon is the Palermo/Recoleta border).

The further you go up Agüero away from Cordoba, the nicer (and probably more expensive) it'll be. The funny thing about BA is that it's very common for one block to be nice, even relatively upscale, and two blocks down you want to stay away from. Specifically here, Agüero one block south of Cordoba is already a shadier place; a store just got ransacked over there.

Thank you!!! This is super helpful! I only asked because the apartment people list barrio Norte as its own seperate area

Would Bonpland/Cordoba be a better location than Aguero/soler? Sorry- so confused trying to figure this out by myself!

ben said:
As mentioned, it is formally part of Palermo (I believe Pueyrredon is the Palermo/Recoleta border).

From what i have been told, palermo starts at av coronel diaz, goes along cordoba until dorrego, then kind of zig-zags its way down to the river.
The reason i know this that when i live pueyrredon and charcas i would tell locals i lived in palermo and was told that i actually lived in recoleta.

Edit: if you go to http://maps.google.com.ar , type Palermo - Buenos Aires in the search box and then zoom out to 500m or less you can see the grey dashed line that defines palermo..

Lclc23 said:
This is super helpful! I only asked because the apartment people list barrio Norte as its own seperate area

They will also say the apartment is in a barrio when it is not just to get a better price.

eg: http://www.homestayargentina.com.ar/Recoleta%201/

It is in Balvanera or San Nicolás... there are lots of places like that on that website and others, including craigslist... and foreigns dont know any better so pay the extra to be in recoleta/palermo etc when infact they are not..

Back