Subway Line "a": The Truth

This is such a good video. I hope people take time to watch it.

This is such a good video. I hope people take time to watch it.

It is actually a very crappy video, obviously made by someone who doesn´t have extensive technical knowledge of subway operations, and just because they know a couple of facts that are technical, think thay know better than the ones in charge.

Truth is that the float update most likely could be done overnight, but it would take much longer than the 2 months of no operations to do it. This way they can get the work done quicker, and hopefully have the subway up and running at capacity (although not great capacity) by the end of vacations.

i'm not his biggest fan but what, he is not allowed a vacation now?

No he should have been in Mar De Plata to welcome glorious ship Libertad back from the grips of those evil vultures!

How dare he go on holiday during this time of victorious celebration!

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
EExbym.jpg

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

A lot of that video sounds like a load of bull. So about a quarter of the cars aren't being used to due "minor problems"? Seems high if the cars are in such great knick.

Then that the Spanish audit report claimed they weren't unsafe just "obsolete". Hrmmm I would like to see the report.

At the absolute minimum they are a significant fire hazard and if they are obsolete due to projected costs of maintenance exceeding cost of buying new ones, is it not a no brainer to replace them anyway?

Given what's happened recently with 52 dead, it seems a good conservative approach to replace them...hard to argue with.

Plus, most that ride on "la línea A" don't have a problem with the closure, well atleast the couple of friends I have that take it aren't anyway...

Then that the Spanish audit report claimed they weren't unsafe just "obsolete". Hrmmm I would like to see the report.

Was in the paper a while ago, or fragments were, here's a link. http://www.lanacion....-estado-critico

El último informe sobre el subte porteño lo hizo Transports Metropolitans de Barcelona para Subterráneos de Buenos Aires (Sbase), entre agosto y octubre pasado. Y fue muy duro.
En las conclusiones, indica que se deben hacer "profundas revisiones" en muchas formaciones, pero que en el caso de los coches de la línea A, directamente deben sacarse de servicio. Entre otros puntos, destaca que su estructura de madera es "poco resistente al fuego y al impacto".

Like I said above, that video is pupú

Back