Sugar free or diabetic food?

tanzanite

Registered
Could anybody help me with finding sugar free products in Buenos Aires or to purchase online?

I am looking for a good selection of sugar free sweets and other products suitable for a diabetic. If I could find a store selling imported sugar free stuff that would be great.

Before anyone says it, I know that fruit and stuff is sugar free, but I think everyone should be allowed the occasional treat.

You need to go to a "dietetica" -- the better ones carry some baked goods, packaged goods etc for diabetics and celiacs. They usually also carry things like dried fruit etc -- what barrio are you in and maybe people will have recommendations?

My best friend was recently diagnosed with diabetes type II and it's been difficult to find sugare free foods. Careful with the diateticos because often they confuse diet food or food for celiacs with appropriate food for diabetics and they end up selling you cookies made with fructose insetad of sucralose or aspartame. There isn't one store to go to that specializes in food for diabetics but every dietetico carries some sugare-free products like alfajores that actually say "apto para diabetes" and budines and chocolates or caramelos that are apto para diabeticos. You have to go into anyone and look at the ingredients listing on the packages. Also, Farmacity carries chocolate for diabetics made by Felfort.

I'd recommend you the ice cream of "münsta" it's sugar- and glutenfree and super tasty! u ll find in a lot of dieteticas.

Thank you for the tip. Now I'm trying to find someone that can bake a sugar free birthday cake.

Try this one.Maybe they can make one to order.I would ask rhough what their understanding is of diabetic food.Fructose is less frowned upon in Europe.if accounted for in the diabetics daily diet and the European influence is predominant here. www.scarlett.com.ar They have a light section already and might do you a custom cake.

Thank you. I'll call them. It seems like most of the dieteticas have products for celiacos and lots of flour based products like empanadas, budines and cookies. Hardly diet.

Back