suitcases to the US

I'm a teacher and I left my home country 20 years ago - been living in Europe, mostly Asia and now Sth America for 3 years - and I never change countries with more than 2 cases - what is so important that you can't take in 2 cases? You need to prioritise or pay the high cost of shipment from Bs As sorry.

Measure your suitcases and call the airlines cargo sections of various airlines. Ask them how much it will cost.
But giving away clothes to those who might need them is not a bad idea.

Since you are only talking about 2 suitcases - have you looked into what it would cost to ship them to your final South American destination? Pick them up at your last point and then fly home with them.

citygirl said:
Since you are only talking about 2 suitcases - have you looked into what it would cost to ship them to your final South American destination? Pick them up at your last point and then fly home with them.

Oooh! Nice one!!! :D

Dolly said:
I'm a teacher and I left my home country 20 years ago - been living in Europe, mostly Asia and now Sth America for 3 years - and I never change countries with more than 2 cases - what is so important that you can't take in 2 cases? You need to prioritise or pay the high cost of shipment from Bs As sorry.

Oh, I can fit all into those 2 cases, and in fact am trying to get it into just 1. That is not the issue. I just want to be able to travel with just a backpack and not lug around so much. I am switching from a living and working role, to a traveling and backpacking role.

citygirl said:

This is the best idea, and most constructive reply yet. I will look into it. Thanks!!!!

Back