Sunday activities

sarahpterry

Registered
Hi All,

I am looking for an activity to do on Sundays but BA seems to shut down and I am at a loss for ideas. I was hoping you grand people might have some suggestions. I am open to all suggestions apart from things other than those astronomically expensive.

If you don't have any ideas but are also in the same position and would fancy meeting up for a book/writing/cycling/dinner/music etc group let me know and I can arrange something.

Either post of PM is fine by me.
Appreciate any help

Hi Sarah

I just had my first Sunday here in Ba and what we did was cook meat on the roof for the whole day. It was a day long BBQ. I don't think I fancy doing this on Sundays all the time. I would love to be part of a of club you create. I enjoy books, writing and sewing. I like knitting as well, I don't have supplies just yet. I enjoy cycling as well and have access to a bicycle. As you can tell, anything other than eating meat for 8 hours is ok by me ;)

cheers!
Armonia

A couple of Sundays every month the Buenos Aires Hash House Harriers meet up for a run/walk around town and some food afterwards. Beer drinking essential. Google Hash House for more info

There are many markets going on on sundays in BA. My favourite is Plaza Francia in Recoleta near the cemetery. Even if you don't buy anything it's interesting to look at all the crafts and eat some of their fruit salad snacks. Also, Parque tres de febrero is a good place to hang out and drink mate on a sunday afternoon - they rent out rollerblades and have a great rose garden in the centre and all the vendors sell hot water for mate, icecream sausages etc. Most portenos seem to have relaxing family days on sundays and travel out to their country houses but the parks and markets remain busy.

Feria de San Telmo is every Sunday and is great fun, even if you don't want to shop, just to see the antiques and crafts on sale and buy some 'street' food from local people selling home-baked goods. Also if you have a bike or will get one soon, there is Critical Mass, a HUGE group bike ride where many streets and even part of the highway closes down... that takes place the first Sunday of every month. Google it for more info!!! Have fun :)

Back