Super face masks developed by Conicet scientists can now be purchased

gracielle

Registered
7 August 2020
ANMAT approved its commercialization
Super face masks developed by Conicet scientists can now be purchased....commercial name is "Atom-Protect"
....The mask has a triple layer of protection - antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal - and a durability equivalent to 15 disposable chinstraps, UNSAM said in a statement. In turn, it is a long-lasting, reusable and self-sterilizing mask. This means that it lasts 8 hours in a row, resists 15 washes without losing effectiveness and is capable of being sterile in a few minutes.....

No, went to their site. Minimum purchase is around 3500, enough for ten of them.
Wish I had known they were available through ML. Love the place!

No, went to their site. Minimum purchase is around 3500, enough for ten of them.
Wish I had known they were available through ML. Love the place!
I just bought 10 for a total of AR $2999....free delivery for 9 or more from this ML site...

Just paid 1000 more at their website, including 400 for delivery. Feeling stupid right now
Sorry to hear that....on the upside this locally produced face mask appears to be the best product available here and now. In mid-Jan, when news of the outbreak in Wuhan hit the US news, I bought (2) 3M N95 masks at a hardware store here for AR$250 each. None available since then.

I just bought 10 for a total of AR $2999....free delivery for 9 or more from this ML site...
I did the same. Delivery between August 13 - 18. I just hope they fit, and don't pull my ears off. It seems to be one size fits all, right?

The only comfortable masks I got until now were some no-name pink ones with elastic ear loops from a Chinese shop of course. I hate the fiddly ones where you get to tie knots yourself. And all the other elastic ones I got were way too tight.

I did the same. Delivery between August 13 - 18. I just hope they fit, and don't pull my ears off. It seems to be one size fits all, right?

The only comfortable masks I got until now were some no-name pink ones with elastic ear loops from a Chinese shop of course. I hate the fiddly ones where you get to tie knots yourself. And all the other elastic ones I got were way too tight.
YES...whatever one-size fits all means in ARG? I have a small face so I am hoping the straps around the ears won't be bothersome.
The 3M N95 masks fit me like a glove!

Sorry to hear that....on the upside this locally produced face mask appears to be the best product available here and now. In mid-Jan, when news of the outbreak in Wuhan hit the US news, I bought (2) 3M N95 masks at a hardware store here for AR$250 each. None available since then.
I may have found a treat for you - https://www.3trilab.com.ar/productos/respirador-3m-para-particulas-n95-8511/
(Expensive and not the most comfy but if I have to go into a hospital or other closed spaces where I may spend some time, I wear one. Likewise I used these for flying when the pandemic first hit... will try this supermask to see how it compares!)

Also a good site to get gel and cleaning alcohol in bulk to save some plastic.

Back