Super face masks developed by Conicet scientists can now be purchased

Mine also arrived - comfortable enough. Not such a tight fit but a good amount of material to cover the face with room to adjust. If you hold them to the light they are translucent so not sure about their ability to "filter" much that gets sucked in.
Not the best looking but might wear a plain black fabric mask over the top when I need to dress up, but for day to day wear are fine ;)

Mine also arrived - comfortable enough. Not such a tight fit but a good amount of material to cover the face with room to adjust. If you hold them to the light they are translucent so not sure about their ability to "filter" much that gets sucked in.
Not the best looking but might wear a plain black fabric mask over the top when I need to dress up, but for day to day wear are fine ;)
Mine have yet to arrive.

Thanks, Gracielle - hadn't read your post. Are those single use? Would be good for a plane trip.
You're welcome. Single use when worn by health personnel. This type of mask is not washable but it can be sanitized without falling apart.
I spray it every time I put it on and again when I take it off with alcohol (70%) in aerosol from a factory canister.
I have been using them since March. Each one lasts me 60+ days.

Conicet masks arrived, purchased off of Mercadolibre and arrived quickly after the shipment started. Wore one today on a long slog around the neighborhood. Comfortable enough, slipped upwards a bit at times and needed adjustment but I think it's because new fabric and one wash should smooth it out. It's great knowing you can touch at the edges to adjust if needed. Not sure what the protocol is for frequency of washing but for now will treat them like the white fabric ones I bought off a hardware store and wash after a single, long use. For short hops in and out will store it on a shelf when not in use. Assuming it's de-activating everything as advertised it's not going to contaminate anything.

You're welcome. Did you make the purchase thru ML?
Update:
I did not end up paying for the purchase from the vendor site I posted above. I found another seller who confirmed, prior to making the purchase, that they were out of the color "BLUE". They had the ones that are "lavender" on the exterior and "green" on the interior. Fine by me.

I picked up the package at my branch of Correo ARG yesterday. I imagined that the fit would be a bit loose on both sides of the mouth as well as around the ears. I was not mistaken. But I found the perfect solution by placing the 3M N95 model 8511 on first and the Conicet mask on top. The material of the Conicet mask does feel a fit rough but should soften after I wash it.

I also picked up my order....(10) masks...3M N95 model 8511 (w/Cool Flow Valve) directly from the distributor Giannantonio S.A. in Mataderos. They came in the original sealed box, accompanied by the warranty printed by the 3M Company. Expiration date: 2/2025. At the warehouse I dealt directly with the owner. He told me it was the last box he had in stock. They were not expecting a new shipment until December.

Back