Supermarket Blackout Movement /tomorrow Friday

Government likes to blame private businesses for causing inflation by raising prices. Followers fall for that, and think boycotting "greedy" supermarkets can make a difference.

...They should put the K-pipe down and watch this instead:

Im not sure about that video. If impression is the cause of inflation, how about the enormous quantity of countries that doubled and triplied their emissions and with almost no inflation? didnt that happened with the UK and the US, and one of the consequences in the US was deflation? Impression not necesarily equals inflation. That video is wrong.

Supermarkets are the winners with this infaltion situation. Clearly. The differences on prices compared with Mercado Central are abismal. Sometimes more than 80%. The exact same product.

Because transport, because staff wages, because storage, because rent, because general operating expenses. Its not like they walk out the front door and start selling the stuff. If some supermarkets are cheaper by so much they how come the most expensive are still in business?

I guess one major aspect is that people often don't pay the list price (and if so they get ripped off). They have days where all retired people get 20%, the next day you get the 20% with credit card A and then with card B etc. Also a lot of these cash back and buy 2 for 1 promos are pretty common... Personally, I just wonder if its a cultural thing that people prefer to have higher list prices and then get various discounts instead of a chain that doesn't have any discounts based on credit cards/demographics but constantly lower list prices.

Supermarkets are the winners with this infaltion situation. Clearly. The differences on prices compared with Mercado Central are abismal. Sometimes more than 80%. The exact same product.

You probably believe supermarkets have the same overheard that a stand with 2 employees and two bags of potatoes on the floor.... :wub:

Because transport, because staff wages, because storage, because rent, because general operating expenses. Its not like they walk out the front door and start selling the stuff. If some supermarkets are cheaper by so much they how come the most expensive are still in business?

Precisely because all these I accept another price, but lets say, 15 or 20% more. 80% is clearly especulation and greed.

You probably believe supermarkets have the same overheard that a stand with 2 employees and two bags of potatoes on the floor.... :wub:

Mercadp central prices... they still win!! charging what they charge and they win!!! so go figure the international chains.

Every once in a while I shop in a supermarket, instead of going to my local chino, verduleria y carniceria. My stupid western brain keeps trying to persuade me that going to one place will be cheaper and easier.

I invariably spend more money, more time, and get worse produce.

Supermarkets here are rubbish. Unless you need to pay by credit card in cuotas, I can not see the point of buying horrible produce for exorbitant prices.

Back