Surrogacy

Hi All,
Thanks for your information, insights as well as empathy ( I appreciate it , Quilombo).
Sadly , I don’t think we will go this route here in Argentina… very complex and apparently as mentioned, not a cut and dry legal issue…
So, thanks again. We will consider options abroad,

2 up to 6 years of jail to the woman that pretends to have been pregnant.
"A la mujer que fingiere preñez o parto ..." - leave it to mexican telenovelas.

Biological mother's name is stated on the birth certificate, naturally, then she puts the kid up for adoption as mutually agreed.

"As mutually agreed" could easily turn into an extortion game in which she has a significant advantage over you. Could she demand support for the baby she now wants but won't give to you?

Or if the perspective parents decide against having a baby the new mother is now left "holding the baby" in a literal sense without a lot of legal protections?

This is "legal peril" and while i'm not associated with the law, i don't think it wise to enter a surrogacy agreement without the backing of case law and legislation that helps build a legal industry.

"A la mujer que fingiere preñez o parto ..." - leave it to mexican telenovelas.

Biological mother's name is stated on the birth certificate, naturally, then she puts the kid up for adoption as mutually agreed.
Adoption mutually agreed? It is called sales purchase contract.
The surrogacy does not legally exist in Argentina.
The issue behind it is slavery.

Adoption mutually agreed? It is called sales purchase contract.
Yeah, and if the state foster care system takes him instead it is called a kidnapping. And when you leave your kid in a kindergarten in the morning it is actually a daily lease.

Have any adoptive parents ever been charged for practicing slavery?

Yeah, and if the state foster care system takes him instead it is called a kidnapping. And when you leave your kid in a kindergarten in the morning it is actually a daily lease.

Have any adoptive parents ever been charged for practicing slavery?

The difference is in the exercise of parental authority, which is a moderate version of domain, which is the old property right that the father exercised over his wife, children and slaves. The state exercises patronage, the kindergarten guards and to exercise parental authority it has to be recognized by a Judge because the adoption is a donation. That is why the biological mother, if she participates, is a sell purchase contract and that is why it is a crime. In Argentina, art. 15 of the CN specifies prohibits the contract of sale purchase of human beings. And in recent history there have been no less than 114 convictions for the illegal appropriation of babies.
Even the word slavery is not used, all the chapter of crimes againts liberty are about slavery, including the the topic we are talking about.
As I said before, and without judging the person who posted, this is not the country to do it. There is no grey zone at all. Whoever says you so is a criminal trying to recruit you or someone who is clueless.

Last edited:
Sadly, in the last 3 weeks, many babies from surrogates have been born in Ukraine. The biological parents aren't able to pick them up while the war is going on. Currently "Nannies" are taking care of them in underground shelters at this time. So heartbreaking for ALL💔

I'm wondering why nowhere in those "happy"videos they show women who gave this gift to others-gift of life, gift of being parents. Is that fair that they are not welcomed there on this celebration of life.
The parents and the babies will head out to their new life, and those ucranian women will remain where they belong -struggling with post partum in ruined poor (during last 30 years) country that made their only way to survive as exploiting their health and their wombs out till they will be useless for those shiny happy foreigners who speak about their(!) mixed feelings.
Maybe Argentina does not allow doing it to her women for a reason.

Back