Sushi & Delivery

Last night we went to babysit my brother in-law's cat Kika since my cuñado is away for the long weekend so we decided to taught the feline by ordering sushi (just kidding, I had a craving). We were recommended a little place called Genki Sushi at Crámer 676. The 30 pc classic combo for 230 pe' had a good selection of succulent, fresh sushi including some egg-wrapped with mango and cream cheese. I don't think Philadelphia is the be all and end all, and honestly I'm not sure I could tell the difference between a good local cream cheese and the very expensive imported variety. I personally can't get enough of sushi and rarely feel completely full after eating my share, but this sushi was very satisfying and came with just the right amount of bits on the side (ginger, wasabi and soy sauce). Haru in Caballito, closer to home, is our other favourite but we tend to go there for a sit-down meal.

I'm a sushi snob, and here's my favorite delivery place - Oi Sushi. The best delivery I have found.

Ah, Ambassador, I wish it was that simple. As much as I like cooking, I have simply botched sushi rice one too many times to trust myself to do it justice any more! I probably should take a class.

Next time I order sushi I will be trying both Tenkuu (which I know I am in range of) and will have to find out if Oi delivers all the way to Abasto. Definitely looking forward to trying them out. Thanks for bringing them up, Nikad & DaVe!

nikad, it is "deletreado" Nikkei vs Nikkai..Just for correction, if you don't mind..

You are right, but for some reason it is a pretty common thing around here. Because of the Centro Nikkei restaurant. A lot of people call it "The Nikkai", no CLUE why, and now people use Nikkai/Nikkei as if they were the same. I started wondering if it was a nickname for the place but I have no idea.

You are right, but for some reason it is a pretty common thing around here. Because of the Centro Nikkei restaurant. A lot of people call it "The Nikkai", no CLUE why, and now people use Nikkai/Nikkei as if they were the same. I started wondering if it was a nickname for the place but I have no idea.
I believe the restaurant is called Nikkai... what is the difference between both words by the way?

I believe the restaurant is called Nikkai... what is the difference between both words by the way?

It may be. It is listed that way in Guia Oleo, but I have never actually been there (i am told it is very good and that I should) so I have no idea.

The way I was taught, "nikkei" means "second generation", as in, someone who was born to Japanese parents but is not Japanese. I am not sure if this is 100% correct, according to a dictionary the exact translation is "non-Japanese of Japanese descent".

I have never heard the word "nikkai" so I don't know if it exists. I will let Hybrid take that question. :p

I like http://www.sushimotodelivery.com.ar/

They have creamcheese, avocado salmon rolls like someone mentioned, but I don't like cream cheese in my sushi. Others seem to enjoy them when I've ordered. I like their sashimi!

It may be. It is listed that way in Guia Oleo, but I have never actually been there (i am told it is very good and that I should) so I have no idea.

The way I was taught, "nikkei" means "second generation", as in, someone who was born to Japanese parents but is not Japanese. I am not sure if this is 100% correct, according to a dictionary the exact translation is "non-Japanese of Japanese descent".

I have never heard the word "nikkai" so I don't know if it exists. I will let Hybrid take that question. :p

Nikkei: means Japanese related or derive. Nisei: second generation vs Issei: first generation.

Nikkai may refer to:

Back