Syrian Refugees Prefer Syria To Argentina

jeff1234

Registered
Cordoba: refugees prefer to return to Syria because they can not withstand inflation

"In Syria with 10 dollars we live a week, here everything increases", they explain; They arrived in the country four months ago and failed to adapt.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/2022023-cordoba-refugiados-prefieren-volver-a-siria-porque-no-aguantan-la-inflacion

Same thing happened in Uruguay a couple of years ago several families protested and rioted to return to Syria.

I think quoting inflation as the main cause is a little disingenuous and rather typical of the Argentine press. Is it so hard to admit that the family miss Syria, in spite of the war?
It takes real guts to return to an Aleppo in ruins and I can't help feeling that there's a lot more to this story than meets the eye. They say they can live off $10 a week in Syria, so one has to wonder how much preparation they were given to live here in the first place.
This story is fishy, at the very least.

I think quoting inflation as the main cause is a little disingenuous and rather typical of the Argentine press. Is it so hard to admit that the family miss Syria, in spite of the war?
It takes real guts to return to an Aleppo in ruins and I can't help feeling that there's a lot more to this story than meets the eye. They say they can live off $10 a week in Syria, so one has to wonder how much preparation they were given to live here in the first place.
This story is fishy, at the very least.

Some other place online, I read expats living in BA abusing these Syrians, mentioned in this news..I was shocked at the empathy shown by them. This is just a press story. Who knows whats the real story.

You have to admit this is funny and partially true... This place is a laughing joke when it comes to stability, crime, inflation, infrastructure etc Like I said Argentina offers great natural beauty in certain places (including the women), good friendships and a high value on family. The majority of other things are 3rd world level including the economy and politics/corruption.

Reminds me of those people that fled Syria, landed in Costa Rica and tried to make their way north to the US. In the process they got locked up by Honduras immigration at which point you have to ask yourself is Honduran jail better or worse than Syria?

An article in Clarin states that they also suffered robbery in their home, which they claim would never happen in Syria, and most of the promises by the government for support were never fulfilled.

Back