Syrian Refugees In Uruguay

Were they expecting all-access pass and a new Mercedes? I don't get it.
It's funny to me when I hear people complain that a government is not pampering them the way they expect it to. Lot's of folks are confused about the role of government.

Yeah, not sure what the issue is. Maybe wrong/unrealistic expectations? Maybe the refugees were expected to be treated like they were in Germany?

Yeah, not sure what the issue is. Maybe wrong/unrealistic expectations? Maybe the refugees were expected to be treated like they were in Germany?

No one will meet their expectations, this was obvious on the start.

They convinced me to stay in Argentina, claiming my country is too poor even for them:
http://youtu.be/x0QBe9QY2-0

ok, now I'm upset... thinking back, it occurs to me that I never got a job, house, car, or even a 'welcome basket' when I became permanent here. Maybe Christina is feeling generous.... anyone got a jerry-can they can lend me? :p

ok, now I'm upset... thinking back, it occurs to me that I never got a job, house, car, or even a 'welcome basket' when I became permanent here. Maybe Christina is feeling generous.... anyone got a jerry-can they can lend me? :p
Maybe you can apply for the plan Qunita..... :D

http://www.qunita.gob.ar/

ooofa, and to think... I had to work to pay for the same stuff.
Well, no time like the present; I'm gonna go try to convince the wife to have another baby so we can cash in on this gov-love! :p
As you do, just stop working, or even better, stop paying any taxes, live en negro and get some social plans for the kids. A win win situation: enlarge the family and cash in! pssst and you were already complaining see? You gotta do it Argie style.

Wouldn't you think this puts us here in a super privileged position? Argentina is NOT likely to become a target for these "refugees", forget that. Thanks God. In the years to come, Argentina is bound to receive many more refugees from Europe. The everyday Europeans who are not into sharia and enjoy good alcohol at Argentinian price. We will be in a good company. Which might be a sign of being blessed staying where we are, at this particular point in history.

Wouldn't you think this puts us here in a super privileged position? Argentina is NOT likely to become a target for these "refugees", forget that. Thanks God. In the years to come, Argentina is bound to receive many more refugees from Europe. The everyday Europeans who are not into sharia and enjoy good alcohol at Argentinian price. We will be in a good company. Which might be a sign of being blessed staying where we are, at this particular point in history.

well said dada! One of the reasons, I love Argentina is because its a very tough place to earn money..so it keeps out refugees and economic migrants ( at least the non Spanish speaking ones)!

Back