Tacos And Nachos And Beans, Oh My.

Has anyone seen jars of La Fiesta brand jalapenos lately?

If so, where and how much?

Was just in Chinatown recently and they had tons of the cans of sliced jalapenos, Fiesta brand, but I haven't seen the jars of whole jalapenos for some time. Carrefour here had them as well, in Recoleta at Pena and Vicente Lopez.

OK, cool, but where in the name of Dante's seven hells do I find a cast iron frying pan here in BsAs?
Just about everywhere, open your eyes! Look in the kitchen stores, the feretarias (spelling?)! Everything is here, you just need to look for it.

Nancy

Has anyone seen jars of La Fiesta brand jalapenos lately?

If so, where and how much?

You should plant some Steve. I've got a few different chillies growing in my flat. Very little work compared to growing them in Scotland!

OK, cool, but where in the name of Dante's seven hells do I find a cast iron frying pan here in BsAs?

How big and do you want a skillet or a fry pan?

I have an extra skillet which I can sell you and know where to get the fry pans.

Thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated. I tried to buy one of these, but eventually just gave up because the payment system was too crazy complicated.

First they wanted a DNI or LE or LE. I don't have the first, and don't know what either of the last two are, so I used my passport number and that got me to the next step, but then it seemed they expected me to make a international long distance call to Visa to authorise it? With the wait times that entails? Not going to happen. I tried using my Mastercard, but then they insisted I had to choose an Argentine bank. I dug through the help section, but gave up after about 15 minutes of fruitless searching

Too bad, it seems like a cool site, but payment is just too messed up. Wish they'd either take PayPal or be reasonable/normal about CC payment.

How do others make this work?

You can choose the payment option "acordar con el vendedor" which means you pay them in cash when you pick up the item. I would never pay beforehand. You might get jipped.

You can choose the payment option "acordar con el vendedor" which means you pay them in cash when you pick up the item. I would never pay beforehand. You might get jipped.

DOH, I must have missed that! Now I feel massively stupid, which is probably appropriate. Thanks, nlaruccia :)

No problem. It's not an easy website to understand. Never pay money up front. There's a lot of mafia that often give you fake bills when you sell something.

No problem. It's not an easy website to understand. Never pay money up front. There's a lot of mafia that often give you fake bills when you sell something.

Thank you very much for those kind words. Now I feel a little less like a bonehead :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Redpossum Expat Life 24
nlaruccia Expat Life 0
Back