Tadpoles??

If the cat has a tendency to drink the water I'd avoid the bleach (a small bit wouldn't kill it but it might lead to some horrible hacking up of hairballs and hidden piles of cat vomit) -- use vinegar instead, it should have the same effect on the bugs and if the cat doesn't avoid it for the smell, it won't be harmed by ingesting it either. It needs to be cleaned with detergent every time, or else it will become an algae fest over time.

EDIT: In the last sentence I'm referring to the bowl, not the cat ;)

Jeff - loved your descriptive imaginings about the critters! And now that you know you can solve this by dropping in a tad (sorry -- couldn't resist) of Clorox, I have to thank you for a refreshingly different twist to the frequently heavy-duty topic-morphing here.

Or maybe the more appropriate response to your question would have been "WATER? Why do you have water in your house anyway, when you should stick to wine in Argentina? And a CAT -- is it vaccinated? Why not a DOG? Or a pot-bellied PIG? And is that bowl made in CHINA?

Thanks. We have dogs and cats. Everybody is vaccinated.

Jeff - loved your descriptive imaginings about the critters! And now that you know you can solve this by dropping in a tad (sorry -- couldn't resist) of Clorox, I have to thank you for a refreshingly different twist to the frequently heavy-duty topic-morphing here.

Or maybe the more appropriate response to your question would have been "WATER? Why do you have water in your house anyway, when you should stick to wine in Argentina? And a CAT -- is it vaccinated? Why not a DOG? Or a pot-bellied PIG? And is that bowl made in CHINA?
And those are Paronista Mosquito Larvae or maybe Campora. Do they eat Peanut Butter? Did the Marbles fall out of some old sex toy.???

Back