Taking Mate back to States

PAinPalermo

Registered
Hey all,

Heading back to the US soon after 4 + months here. Wondering if anyone knows anything about taking Mate back to the states. I would like some for myself plus my sister has put in an order for some. Any idea if there is a limit etc on the amount you can take in, or prohibited etc. Sorry for the ignorance on the subject.

PA

I have been taking mate since I was a child...plenty of bags because I lived in many remote places. Also have been taking mate to the US for 30 years...this is just to say be free to take as much as needed. I also wanted to brag about my mate loyalty:D

PA I did my grad school at Pitt!

we should have had a pancake and mate meeting!!

No problems with taking mate back, but I'd stick to the commercially packaged varieties and not some wrapped in a plastic bag. ;)

You can get mate in the States quite readily. Many latin grocery stores are carrying it, or you can order it from several online sites if you don't have any in your area.

You can find yerba mate taragui in New York City, at Jackson Heights, and in Miami, at Aventura. It costs exactly the same price than here in numbers... but in american dollars!!

Thanks for the responses. Ill be going back to a pretty small town when I get back so i wanted to be sure to have enough to last until I relocate to a larger city.

Post Modern, the PA is initials didn't even think about it being a Pennsylvania reference until now.

Used to drink mate years ago in a little coffee shop in Vermont, and we all know Vermont is pretty small town. Also, my coffee brand for back home, Alterra (wisconsin), also carries it online.

Back