Tango in C.A.B.A. where to go for authentic dance, not acrobatics

Did you read the question? She doesn't want to go to a show. She wants a authentic milonga. Where we regular people dance.
La Viruta have nights that are for beginers and its starts 1:30 am during the week and 3:30 at weekends. It is opened early but the deal is late.
However, milongueros do not like that comes people who do not dance, we are not a zoo attraction.
Go to Cafe Tortoni or Piazolla, I was in both and the food was good and the show was of Tango Salon.

Did you read the question? She doesn't want to go to a show. She wants a authentic milonga. Where we regular people dance.
I read the question very carefully. She does NOT say she wants an authentic milonga. She DOES say she wants real bandoneon musicians (first mentioned requirement), indoors, seating, top-class dancers (non-acrobatic) and good food. Catulo fits all those criteria. So do many authentic milongas (it's debatable whether those of us who attend these are "top-class dancers" who visitors would want to watch, but I'll leave that to your own self-assessment), but it's fairly hard to get bandoneon musicians at those before midnight, and, because I read the question carefully and saw the visitors are "elderly", I thought of Catulo, which starts at 8:30pm. It's a good option. Entry tickets to it are raffled at a milonga generally regarded to be in the top two or three remaining authentic milongas and winning one of those raffles is how I got to know about Catulo.

I read the question very carefully. She does NOT say she wants an authentic milonga. She DOES say she wants real bandoneon musicians (first mentioned requirement), indoors, seating, top-class dancers (non-acrobatic) and good food. Catulo fits all those criteria. So do many authentic milongas (it's debatable whether those of us who attend these are "top-class dancers" who visitors would want to watch, but I'll leave that to your own self-assessment), but it's fairly hard to get bandoneon musicians at those before midnight, and, because I read the question carefully and saw the visitors are "elderly", I thought of Catulo, which starts at 8:30pm. It's a good option. Entry tickets to it are raffled at a milonga generally regarded to be in the top two or three remaining authentic milongas and winning one of those raffles is how I got to know about Catulo.
The visitors are two senior women who are 78 and 82. I'm in the same age category and not impressed by the young professional tango performers who dance choreography. Those who have danced in the milongas as I have know the difference between social tango and show tango. Anyone can dance social tango longer than show tango. I know men in their late 80s and early 90s who still go to the milongas to hear the music of their youth.

There was a milonga yesterday in the neighborhood of San Nicolas that featured a tango orchestra for social dancing by the public. Even if the visitors aren't interested in dancing, they can watch people their age at an afternoon milonga and listen to recordings by the great orchestras of the golden age.

Salon Canning is now downtown at Maribu on Maipu
Salon Canning closed after 40 years with milongas every night of the week. The owners decided to use the salon for special events. One milonga known as Parakultural organized by Omar Viola in Salon Canning has moved to the historic Club Marabú on Maipú, a block from Corrientes. There are several milongas with live orchestra on the schedule.

Back