Tango is a caricature of the patriarchy (NYTimes)

This is just one of many ways Tango has been branching out and changing with the times, for the last 20 years at least.

When I first arrived in BsAs, in 2007, the whole Electro Tango movement was already close to ten years old- Narcotango, Gotan Project, and Bajofondo had all been revisiting Tango in new ways since around 2000.

Orquesta Tipica Fernandez Fierro had started a kinder, gentler reexamination of Tango in 2001- with dancing, weekly, that soon became known as "cargo pants tango", which was truly inspiring but decidedly non-traditional.

The whole idea that Tango must remain, lost in amber, EXACTLY as it was 100 years ago, was discarded by Argentines 20 years ago, and the movement had been quietly growing ever since.

There will always be a place for traditional Tango- nothing will be "lost".
But the ways it is appreciated, and the people doing it, will continue to change and grow.

Look at Daniel Melingo- famed Rock Nacional pioneer, who played with one of Charly Garcia's most famous bands, Las Ligas, in the early 80s, who led rock and electronic bands, and has played with musicians of every genre here and in europe- and who has become the Tom Waits-like musician to find himself in Tango anew- Believe me, Gardel would have totally dug this-

There is never just one way to do anything.

The MFT is a lesbian movement who want to breaks the codes of the dancefloor that existed for the last 100 years for protecting women from sexual harassment.

They want to breaks those codes in order to create a privilege for lesbian sexual harassment.

I had conversations with them because they wanted to boycott the most traditional milonga and I suggested them to debate it at Court but they gave up as soon as they understood what was going to be my speech.

The milongas where this “protocol” is accepted are empty while Cachirulo is always full. There is zero chances of being haressed there no matter the gender of the aggressor.

what they forget to mention, is that back 100 years ago was very common to see ''malevos'' dancing tango among themselves under a street light lol

Dancing between Men in Greece was the norm and still is in most middle eastern countries .

If people are enjoying themselves what harm does it do. Look at this great clip of father and son with their wild dancing .

Dancing between Men in Greece was the norm and still is in most middle eastern countries .

If people are enjoying themselves what harm does it do. Look at this great clip of father and son with their wild dancing .

They're baaaaaaak!

And currently competing in Britain's Got Talent: The Champions 2019

Reading this article from the New York Times it is ridiculuos how this got published in the first place. Tango is a elegant and respectful danceform with clear codes that enhance that respect . To try to change this essence into a rigid controlled dance under the guise of feminism is misguided . if you are wanting a different tango fine do this in designated milongas but do not try to impose your beliefs onto the rest of society that respect the codigos of tango

The feminist movement should put their energy on other danceforms like regaetton ( extremely popular in Argentina and South America ) which compared to tango is very sexual with no romanticism nor elegance . The dancemoves of regaetton are million times more suggestive than tango but strangely enough there is no feminist movement protesting this .

Last edited:
The MFT is a lesbian movement who want to breaks the codes of the dancefloor that existed for the last 100 years for protecting women from sexual harassment.

They want to breaks those codes in order to create a privilege for lesbian sexual harassment.

I had conversations with them because they wanted to boycott the most traditional milonga and I suggested them to debate it at Court but they gave up as soon as they understood what was going to be my speech.

The milongas where this “protocol” is accepted are empty while Cachirulo is always full. There is zero chances of being haressed there no matter the gender of the aggressor.

This article by the New York Times was pure propaganda . It mentioned that Liliana Furios milonga was always full and Cachirulo was empty .

Having been expelled from Mr. Pellozo’s milonga once for trying to dance with another woman, Ms. Furió is no fan. But she seems to be having the last laugh, drawing larger crowds at La Furiosa.

Argentina is going to far to reengineer healthy human relationships between man and woman . There is also a push to neuter the language and creating no differentation between masculino y femenino .
Be careful in your opinions in a crown of Argentinos because it probably will be seen as chauvinist. I totally agree. The word femecidio is a classic example

Back