tango-lessons

My teacher is young, but experienced like an old tango teacher, I think he reincarnated, he is a great teacher and an old soul. He feels a little left out of his age group, where he is from, a 23 year old dancing tango and a teacher...Reincarnated...for sure. You can learn a lot from all ages, I learn from my 23 year old teacher and from an old tango singer in the plaza I study Tai Chi, he is about 75 years old. I take what I can from all the teachers around me. Age doesn't matter to me.

Bajo_cero2 said:
El Beso is the most traditional milonga with the best level of dancing.

http://www.laacademiatango.com/content/clases

I think that they are the best for beggining.

I am local and I have been dancing every night for some years.

I suggest you avoid la Viruta, Villa Malcolm, Confiteria la Ideal, among others.

Once you feel that you lernt all that a teacher can give you, look for another one.

Even la Catedral is not precisely a milonga, Pedro Bonavente "el indio" teachs there and he is a very good proffesor.

Marcelo Salas, the organizer of La glorieta, teachs on Saturday there.

I also suggest the clase of Carlitos and Rosita Perez at the Sunderland Club. They teach to walk. After the class there is a practica.

Viqueira is recognized master. He teachs just in front of Parque Sarmiento on Thiesdays at Imagen Cafe.

Parejita is another old old old master who has a practica but i don t remember where. Just google him.

If your teacher teachs you only steps, find another one, he/she sucks.

Being in Buenos Aires, it makes no sense to learn with young people. The advantage here is to learn from masters fpr 25 pesos per class.

Regards

Back