Tango me....

Milongas=plural (places where you can dance Tango) // Milonga= singular (the place where you can dance Tango) // Spanish typical phrase: "Me voy a la Milonga!" ;O)

Please see above posts on 'milonguero' form and style and culture of tango. 'Milonguero' style taught in Escuela Mundial = close embrace small space slight apilado traditional form.

I cam to Buenos Aires in 2011 to learned Tango. I tried DNI and lots of schools. DNI is popular because all the teaching staffs speak English and it's not expensive to take private lessons. But it didn't work for me. They didn't teach the real fundamental stuffs (I realized that later on). Later on I went to many schools and took many private lessons and I guess all of them benefited me in becoming a good dancer. It took me lots of years/money to learn the real tango, and to really enjoy dancing it. There are many styles of tango and it depends on each person's desire/preference to choose which style of Tango they want to learn. I am a female dancer. I always enjoy more when dancing with mionguero style dancers, who dance accordingly to the music, not just to showing off fancy stuffs. So for a male student (I suppose you are a male dancer?) I think a Mionguero style is a better choice. I can recommend a teacher if you are interested. You can see his dancing videos and see if you like his dancing style first. Just PM me if you want me to send you the info.
Hello- I was wanting to follow up on your post, if that is alright. I have the same sentiments about DNI and am looking for a private teacher. Could you send me your recommendation?

Sorry, just to add:

[email protected]

Send her an email. Her English is reasonable although not great. But she is not tech savvy, so she may be slow to respond. But she will. She isn't cheap I suppose, but if you can afford her private lessons, it will be worth it.

She is no tango "thought leader". She has no gimmicks. She is completely humble. She doesn't market herself or try to be anything other than what she is: a vastly experienced salon tango dancer desperately trying to preserve a dying set of principles and practices inside the milonga, both on the danceflor and off it. You will see her only once a week, on Thursday at Lujos milonga, in El Beso. She will dance maybe three or four times in the entire night, if she considers the music up to scatch and if any sufficiently milonguero leaders happen to be there.

A lovely person, into the bargain.

Yes, I'm taking group lessons now to evaluate an instructor for private lessons. DNI classes are just too crowded, and often has more men than women in the classes, so less partner practice with a woman for me. I'm checking out El Beso and Mundial now.
I can suggest a male teacher. He speaks English fluently. He teaches fundamentals in a very clear understandable way. He knows both roles. You can schedule a lesson with him on the Landing Pad BA. Alejandro Puerta.

Sorry, just to add:

[email protected]

Send her an email. Her English is reasonable although not great. But she is not tech savvy, so she may be slow to respond. But she will. She isn't cheap I suppose, but if you can afford her private lessons, it will be worth it.

She is no tango "thought leader". She has no gimmicks. She is completely humble. She doesn't market herself or try to be anything other than what she is: a vastly experienced salon tango dancer desperately trying to preserve a dying set of principles and practices inside the milonga, both on the danceflor and off it. You will see her only once a week, on Thursday at Lujos milonga, in El Beso. She will dance maybe three or four times in the entire night, if she considers the music up to scatch and if any sufficiently milonguero leaders happen to be there.

A lovely person, into the bargain.

second that. she is a beautiful dancer, a beautiful woman and a warm sincere human being.

Thank you for the input. I've danced many types of dance for years but am new to tango. One main problem is we have 3 young children, so we need to be able to do classes during the day when they are at colonias. Any suggestions??

Back