Tango Show Recommendation Please

weissbr

Registered
Hi,

We've seen 2 tango shows at the Borges Cultural Center; both great.

A friend is coming to visit tomorrow and wants to see a tango show.
I'd like something different this time BUT what seems to be advertised
are very expensive dinner shows really for tourists. I'm seeking a recommendation for something more authentic.

Advice please

You might try going to a milonga, not a tango show.

- Tuesdays after 22 hs, La Catedral, at Sarmiento 4006, corner of Medrano street.

- Saturdays night. Sunderland Club.

Other tango lovers will give you more options.

Some friends will be visiting soon and want me to recommend a tango show for them to take in, any suggestions?

There are two shows performing at Centro Cultural Borges, both are perfect. They start at 8pm, you can shop up a little over an hour before to buy the tickets, that range from $50 to $100. The place is right off the corner of Viamonte and San Martin street, on Viamonte. You take the scaletors upstairs and go straight to the counter on the left side to buy the tickets.

Roxana, I just wanted to thank you for this information. I went to a tango show at Centro Cultural Borges tonight with some visitors in town, and it was phenomenal. It was well-attended by Argentines (always a good sign) and you could tell everyone, including the musicians and dancers, were really enjoying the whole experience. Thanks so much for the tip!

You might try now going to an authentic milonga, where the authentic tangueros go. You just sit at a table and watch the dancers while drinking. There are different styles of milongas, based on the styles of tango they dance on each one.

Back