Tanguera coming from NYC

RogueTango

Registered
Hello!
I will arrive on MArch 8th. I am sooo happy to have stumbled across this site, it seems like a great resource. I am an interior designer, I was laid off from my job in August and have been freelancing since. I have been studying Tango for 2.5 years and cannot wait to get there and dive in :).
I am looking for a room, on a budget preferable in the vicinity of the milongas (Palermo, Colegiales, Recolota).
If you know of anything, tango, room, or anyone in need of design help. Please let me know.
Ciao!

:)))) Where did you find milongas in Colegiales and Recoleta? These are the most upscale neighbourhoods - there is no tango there !

hi roguetango
maybe you want to check our web
spareroomsba.com
or email me [email protected]
we have some rooms where the owners love to dance tango, and they can take you to the best milongas in town!
besos desde Buenos Aires
Vale

I found my place in San Telmo on Craigslist Argentina rooms / shared. It is a perfect fit for me. There are plenty of milongas nearby. Check out this site dedicated to dancing tango in Buenos Aires www.tangoandchaos.org . One caveat, the author doesn't care for Kung Fu tango.

oksanache said:
:)))) Where did you find milongas in Colegiales and Recoleta? These are the most upscale neighbourhoods - there is no tango there !

Hi, I don't know of milongas there, but the are in the vicinity of Palermo, and I am told nice places to live. Thanks :)

spareroomsba said:
hi roguetango
maybe you want to check our web
spareroomsba.com
or email me [email protected]
we have some rooms where the owners love to dance tango, and they can take you to the best milongas in town!
besos desde Buenos Aires
Vale

I think I may have already emailed you :)
I will keep checking it out - Thanks!

TrickMc1 said:
I found my place in San Telmo on Craigslist Argentina rooms / shared. It is a perfect fit for me. There are plenty of milongas nearby. Check out this site dedicated to dancing tango in Buenos Aires www.tangoandchaos.org . One caveat, the author doesn't care for Kung Fu tango.

Is it? I got the feeling SAn Telmo it was kind of too far.. It is hard to say there are so many milongas, I really don't know which ones I will frequent at this point. :rolleyes:

I would like to add, as I sit here in a clilents loft in Tribeca, admiring my work ;), that I would love to pick up some freelance design gigs down there. If anyone needs some help, consultation, drawings etc. I am your girl. I do not know much about the resources in BsAs just yet, but what better way to learn ?!
PS. I can also paint and do various other handywork. I would even be willing to trade some interior work for a room- Let me live with you and make your house my project :eek:.

26 days to go.....

I love how you have a countdown :) You must be excited! Is it your first time to BA?

Have you seen this?
http://www.buenosairesmilongas.com/
It´s quite helpful, but for the most up-to-date stuff on milongas, classes, events, etc., you can pick up a ¨tango-map¨ or the magazine ¨Tanguata¨ at almost any milonga.

Palermo and San Telmo have lots of milongas, as well as the Centro... just depends on your personal taste: what kind of milongas you like, as well as what kind of barrio would ¨fit¨ your personality.

Palermo is more chic and ¨higher end¨, and some places like Práctica X reflect that sort of atmosphere. If you moved there, you´d also be close to some really popular milongas like Salón Canning and La Viruta.

San Telmo, on the other hand, is more funky! There´s plenty of milongas there, as well as more ¨barrio¨ milongas where the locals go to hang out and chat (and there´s often live music). These places are more hidden from the tourists, and they´re quite fun if you want to experience a different side of tango culture...

There´s also the Centro, which can be un poco feo (lots of traffic, smog, etc.) but you can save a lot of $$ on cab-fare since you´re pretty much close to everything and there´s easy access to the subte lines and buses. Some popular milongas around there include El Beso, Porteño y Bailarín, and Maipu.

If you decide on Recoleta, I´d recommend living by the D-line, otherwise it´s hard to get around transportation-wise. It´s a fashionable place to live, but there just aren´t as many colectivos & you´re further out from the milongas.

Back