Taxes For Permanent Residence

vantojo

Registered
Hello,

Finally I have my permanent residence and live in Argentina full time!

Can a knowledgable person please tell me what types of foreign income (i.e. from outside of Argentina) need to be reported and what the tax rates are?

social security
retirement / private pension
rental income
foreign wages
foreign investment (capital gains)

And, if possible, can you refer me to an English website or reference?

Thank you

wow, you will have to pay tons of taxes. I hope you don't have much foreign income.

A permenant resident of Argentina is taxed on all worldwide income. The income tax rate is progressive and you get some to take some deductions against your income. Rental income within Argentina and capital gains are taxed a flat rate. In addition Argentina also has a wealth tax which most expats are unfamiliar with. Ernst & Young, Grant Thorton, and a few others put out global tax guides with all the information you need including the tax tables. It won't help you to prepare a tax return but will give you a good idea on what is taxed.

It is probably best to see an accountant in Argentina. I have a feeling it is common for individuals to hide their offshore assets and activities. Check with someone knowledgeable first.

If you are a US citizen don't forget about your tax obligations there also. US Citizens are required to file income taxes no matter where they live unless they revoke it.

Back