Taxis With Child Car Seats?

Queso, you are right. It is not easy driving here, but with 3 small kids it is far more convenient than public transportation. At least driving yo can take a chill pill and let the crazy bus dirvers go ahead and just follow your slow safe pace.
If OP really wants to get to know the greater Buenos Aires, then a car is better, but if she wants to keep it local, and just take some trips around the city, well then a car might not be needed... still, they will need a lot of planning ahead and patience.
I waited for 8 months for our car and in the mean time I had to take whatever public transportation device would take me and the kids. If the four of us went out for an outing, we had to wait a while to get a good samaritan cabbie to stop for us or call a remis. If we had the stroller with us we knew it was harder to just hail a cab. The cabbies will not pop open the trunk for you to fit the stroller since many have lost tools and other things they keep in the trunks that way. So you fold the stroller and put it in the front seat....
I have not driven all over the world, just LA, NYC and my native Mexico City, so I know it can get worse. :)
OP, if you decide not to rent a car, just bring a small umbrella stroller and the bjorn/ergo. The stroller needs to fold tight to fit in the front seat of a Chevy Corsa -the most popular size for a cab. And most of all bring all your patience and an open mind to enjoy the experience. Yes, it is crazy and maniac, but it is also fun and loving. Rules here are relaxed in all areas from driving to bed time. It can stress you on the car seat issue, but it is very relaxing not to have a fight for every meal and bed time. I hope you have positive stories to tell at the end of your travles.
Bienvenida!

Back