Tea?

MizzMarr said:
You can find Twinnings and Celestial Seasonsings teas at most Coto/Disco/Jumbo stores, but the prices are still high (1-2 pesos/bag). I have never seen Tazo here (though it doesn't surprise me that Starbucks was carrying it), but Barrio Chino (Casa China) tends to have some good tea selections. Be prepared to try some brands you've never tried before. In any "regular" grocery store I'd recommend to stay away from the national brands, especially La Virginia, that's the worst!

La Virginia is so bad... their green tea is just raw , chopped, dried tea leaves, and old leaves even.

I sometimes receive little thankyou gifts from grateful clients. The other day I was presented with a box of Twinings Earl Grey Tea! That's when I realised the price of this tea must be really out of this world, it is now considered a luxury item to be given as a thankyou gift. I couldn't fully appreciate this gift as I can't stand the stuff, but when I passed it on to my (expat) workmate and saw his face light up I realised it must be valuable indeed.

AngelinBA said:
I sometimes receive little thankyou gifts from grateful clients. The other day I was presented with a box of Twinings Earl Grey Tea! That's when I realised the price of this tea must be really out of this world, it is now considered a luxury item to be given as a thankyou gift. I couldn't fully appreciate this gift as I can't stand the stuff, but when I passed it on to my (expat) workmate and saw his face light up I realised it must be valuable indeed.

Pity, I'd have been happy to buy it lol...

Taragui, in my experience, is second only to La Virginia...

Where is Tea Connection?

Thanks all!

Try tealosphy. I am very difficult when it comes to tea, but this one I like. There is one in Palermo and one in Alvear.

bebero said:
go to tealosophy. they have two stores, one in recoleta and one in palermo. best tea i had in my life. i can't drink twinings anymore.

sorry hadn't seen your post. I agree!
I love their Chai (among others).

If you're a Brit like me, you probably can't live without a cuppa.
Taragui English Breakfast is very good and if you need to spin it out, mix it with Green Hills Classic which is a bit cheaper.
Just got back from UK with about 1000 Tetley tea bags, which are now locked in a safe.
:)

Gringoboy said:
If you're a Brit like me, you probably can't live without a cuppa.
Taragui English Breakfast is very good and if you need to spin it out, mix it with Green Hills Classic which is a bit cheaper.
Just got back from UK with about 1000 Tetley tea bags, which are now locked in a safe.
:)

Ah no! Im so jealous! Do you have that orange spice???

Back