Teaching Opportunities

ELL-teacher

Registered
Hi, I am new to this forum. I am a licensed teacher in Illinois looking for an opportunity to teach in Buenos Aires for a year. I am licensed to teach grades 6-12, have 13 years of experience teaching at that level, and have about 25 years of college/university teaching as well (some of it was done concurrently). I am currently in my 7th year of teaching ELL to grades 6-8 at my current district.

Does anyone know of the possibility of a "teacher exchange" or "visiting teacher" program in Buenos Aires? Any advice you could provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

I have heard of an official program like this in Chile but not in Argentina.

Hi, i don't know what area you live at, but there is a catholic school inside my barrio ( i live in Benavidez, complejo villa nueva, next door to Nordelta), and they are always looking for a native english teachers. They even asked me if i can come and help with kindergarteners, and i am no teacher. The school is like a home school program in US, but since in Argentina it is not acreditado they just call it normal school. The priest and director of this school is from California. I don't have their phone number nor remember the name, but try googe it colegio en barrio San Benito. If you are interested. Good luck

If you want to ake enough money to be comfortable, just limit your search to International Schools in the BA area, as you have required teacher certification.. There are no programs like in Chile. You will not be able to work in public scholls, and the private schools ma
y give you a few courses but pay you next to nothing.

Back