Teatro Colon and insane ticket prices

Futboljunkie said:
And how many people actually use it and how many Americans have been there?

Does kind of things used to exist as well in BA before the Colon closed down but classical music is just not mainstream, not in Argentina and in the US neither

People have the right to ignore classical music if they don't like it, but it is there for those who enjoy it.

SaraSara said:
People have the right to ignore classical music if they don't like it, but it is there for those who enjoy it.

Offcourse, but pricing is part of the reality in BA

Futbol, if you enjoy classical music, check the paper for free outdoor concerts. There are many of them - my daughter goes all the time.

Futbol, What difference does it make if classical music is ´mainstream or not?
The concept of this website is not exactly mainstream. My point was that it is the obligation of the state to encourage its people to understand, value and appreciate the arts. The elitism represented in the wild pricing of Teatro Colon tickets runs counter to that objective. You ask how many Americans attend concerts or arts events. I don´t think that´s the point. The point is that it is THERE, almost always accessible and genuine efforts are made to broaden the horizons of young people and to encourage them to understand and appreciate the arts, or even to make a career in the arts if they want.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Expat Life 0
S Culture 0
B Expat Life 7
M Expat Life 6
Jose Negro Expat Life 0
Back