Tech guy

El chabon

Registered
This is probably asked before but everything is so flexible in argentina might have been good yesterday is bad today

I need my laptop to be reinstalled For windows, office,etc because it crashed. It's an acer. San telmo area

Anybody got a good contact for someone who is thrust worthy, cabable and not to expensive

Before I payed somewhere between 150-200 peso, what would be the goIng rate now?

Thanks

This type of work I do every week as it's my trade.
A clean install normally involves:
1. Backing up any personal files if the hard drive hasn't already been wiped/killed.
2. Format the drive
3. Install Windows
4. Install device drivers
5. Install other software

That's a long job which can sometimes take all day, especially if driver issues are found.
IE It largely depends on which OS you want installed.
Paying only $200 for that kind of job would be a gift.
Look at $500 at least.

I do this kind of work all the time too. But in this case, I can instruct you on what steps to take in order to do it yourself for free. You may need a fresh copy of Win7 plus office.
If you do want me to do it for you then my fee is between AR$190 to AR$290 max.

If you choose to do it yourself then I can pass you the required software to do it with.

El chabon said:
This is probably asked before but everything is so flexible in argentina might have been good yesterday is bad today

I need my laptop to be reinstalled For windows, office,etc because it crashed. It's an acer. San telmo area

Anybody got a good contact for someone who is thrust worthy, cabable and not to expensive

Before I payed somewhere between 150-200 peso, what would be the goIng rate now?

Thanks

That's a good fee, notebook and a very helpful post for the OP.
But time is money and I couldn't compete with that tbh.

Total Posts

Total Posts: 218

notebook.fix is Ricardo Mardisich (last name might be spelled wrongly). He has worked on my notebook twice. I was really happy with his service. If you google him on the forum, you will find raves. I highly recommend him.

whatever you do, don't go to Ricardo Mardisich. He does not know his job at all. He will overcharge you and will kill your computer which could be fixed by someone who knows his or her job. He has no clue.

Hi Jray :)

What a coincidence! On the very same day that your post appears here (today!) :) ..., this afternoon, at around 1pm in fact....I had this weird tel call from someone asking me for a price to clean/service his macbook's cooling system.

This person was not happy to hear that I charge AR$175 to disassemble & service 3yr old mac with a clogged cooling system. This job, more likely than not, would have required me to pull out the system motherboard in order to clean it out properly, this would include repasting the heat sync & disassembling the fans in order to clean them out etc etc.

It is not something that you can just do in 10minutes, 20, 30, or even 1hr... not unless you want to risk damaging the system logic board or worse.

I made the mistake of telling this caller that I was too busy to do the work at this time anyway, & thanked him for the call.
jray said:
whatever you do, don't go to Ricardo Mardisich. He does not know his job at all. He will overcharge you and will kill your computer which could be fixed by someone who knows his or her job. He has no clue.

Notebook.fix. By any chance , do you have "Pulls" Im looking for a particular INTEL motherboard.
I did a fair ammount of tech work , til i couldnt take the retard to customer ratio ( will all due respect to the mentaly retarded)
No matter where you go , stupid people seem to also have computers.......deadly combination

Back