Tech guy

hahahahaa wtf was that's jray's comment?

i have my little pc/laptop repairing bussiness too, www.iteratech.com.ar :) (eshop included)

people tend to think that a computer/laptop repairing business is like installing winamp - SO WRONG.

for this job you have to have knowledge, a lot of patience and the right TOOLS.

Hi Fabe, ...;)"deadly combination" LOL :) - thanks for the post. I don't know if I can help with "Pulls", but I do know a couple of hard working, reliable & trustworthy parts suppliers here in BA (not always easy to find them but they do exist here too).
Maybe you can pass me the details of the specific mother/b you want & I can check with them. I try to only work with suppliers who are fast with their 'RMAs' just in case.
Fabe said:
Notebook.fix. By any chance , do you have "Pulls" Im looking for a particular INTEL motherboard.
I did a fair ammount of tech work , til i couldnt take the retard to customer ratio ( will all due respect to the mentaly retarded)
No matter where you go , stupid people seem to also have computers.......deadly combination

jray said:
whatever you do, don't go to Ricardo Mardisich. He does not know his job at all. He will overcharge you and will kill your computer which could be fixed by someone who knows his or her job. He has no clue.

Jray, sounds to me that Mr Notebook knows his work a darn sight more than you do and he has many customers to back that up.
Firing cheap shots at him in public only serves to show your true self.

Ricardo is actually incredibly professional and helpful. I went to him with my old laptop, knowing it was on its last leg. I told him I just needed it to live for a few more months and asked him to give me his honest opinion. He could have overcharged me, made up issues, given me a bad recommendation for what to do, etc. In the end, he gave me a free cooling system cleaning, told me where to buy an affordable cooling pad and gave me tips on how to make my laptop last til I can get back to the States and buy a new one. I would recommend him to anyone.

jray said:
whatever you do, don't go to Ricardo Mardisich. He does not know his job at all. He will overcharge you and will kill your computer which could be fixed by someone who knows his or her job. He has no clue.

notebook.fix said:
I made the mistake of telling this caller that I was too busy to do the work at this time anyway, & thanked him for the call.

This makes me laugh. Reminds me of the time I went to one of the Chinese supermarkets. I was in search of Coca Light, and I couldn't find any. So, I go up to the cashier, and the convo went a bit like this:

Me: Coca Light, tienen?
Cashier: Si, tenemo'
Me: Ah bueno, y donde esta?
Cashier: Ah, tenemo' pero no hay ma'.
Me: La tienen o no la tienen? Cual es?
Cashier: Si, Si, tenemo' pero no hay ma'!!!

Is it just me, or does it seem like an Argentine business practice to say, "Yeah, I offer a service, but not right now for x-reason." :D

FWIW, I've also heard great things about notebook.fix from others. Speaking of dust cleaning in a laptop, how often should that be done? Just curious!

Hi, I want to thank all those who've left the positive feedback about me (bigboxer, gringoboy, fabe, clsm,lee, rease, bradyhale, it's very humbling & I value it very much. THANK you.

bradyhale, was that you? ;)Just kidding,...you bring up an interesting point & thank you for giving me the op to make a comment on this 'Argentine biz thing'...as you'd appreciate, there is a big difference between selling or not selling a can of coke on a street corner & inviting someone into your place while having to take full responsibility for their precious & expensive failing technology....and it is especially important to take note when the client/person displays signs of mental/emotional instability:) (I'm starting to sound like a streetwalker). After answering his first question about costs I then realized, from his tone of voice that he seemed a little 'aggressive' in his manner..I then declined & thanked him for his call then I waited for him to hang up first. Also the person said a few other things that I have not brought up on this post.

Edit: I meant to answer you question about how often should the cooling system be cleaned, from what I've seen, once a year should be enough, you want to avoid the 'buildup'. If you blow air back into the fan/cooling grill with compressed air once a month, you may be able to avoid having to do the yearly clean. It all depends...but if you let it build up into a clump of compressed lint & then use the compressed air you may damage the fans over time as they try to rotate out of pivotal balance with the body of lint stuck in the blades , I've seen this happen before.One thing for sure, higher heat is like higher blood pressure, it induces solder fatigue in your circuits/video chip & it kills your system slowly. It elevates the risk of hard drive failure too. I always put a cooler pad under any laptop I have in use, even in winter. They last a lot longer this way.

Hey Lee, I...think I have found my lenovoMac1.jpgto turn your PC into a mac!:) ..yes this is mine...it works perfectly & I installed OSX 10.6 snow leopard on it.. it only cost me US$275 for the netbook (sorry but it's not for sale)...a poor man's macbook air at a 1/4 of the purchase price.

Attachments

• my LenovoMac.jpg
    my LenovoMac.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 7
bradlyhale said:
This makes me laugh. Reminds me of the time I went to one of the Chinese supermarkets. I was in search of Coca Light, and I couldn't find any. So, I go up to the cashier, and the convo went a bit like this:

Me: Coca Light, tienen?
Cashier: Si, tenemo'
Me: Ah bueno, y donde esta?
Cashier: Ah, tenemo' pero no hay ma'.
Me: La tienen o no la tienen? Cual es?
Cashier: Si, Si, tenemo' pero no hay ma'!!!

Is it just me, or does it seem like an Argentine business practice to say, "Yeah, I offer a service, but not right now for x-reason." :D

FWIW, I've also heard great things about notebook.fix from others. Speaking of dust cleaning in a laptop, how often should that be done? Just curious!

Lets not forget that most of the Chinese don't understand a bloody word we say anyway!
Some of the rudest and most ignorant people I've met here work in Chinese supermarkets and that excludes any Argentines who work in them.

notebook.fix said:
bradyhale, was that you? ;)Just kidding,...you bring up an interesting point & thank you for giving me the op to make a comment on this 'Argentine biz thing'...as you'd appreciate, there is a big difference between selling or not selling a can of coke on a street corner & inviting someone into your place while having to take full responsibility for their precious & expensive failing technology....

I actually just wanted to take advantage of the moment to tell everyone my cuento chino. It's still a running joke with my partner. When he asks me if we have something, I'll just say, "Si, si, tenemo'" ... "pero no hay ma'" It's still funny to me. :D

As far as the difference between coke and computers, I completely get it. If the guy were rude, you have every right to refuse service.

Thanks for the info about the dust build-up. I have another laptop which runs quite hot, and it's about 2-3 years old now. I don't think we've ever done much to clean out any dust that may be built up in there. I imagine that's the culprit. I'll have to take a look.

Back