Teenager in Argentina

EchoDerose

Registered
Hi I go by Echo online.

I am graduating from high school early, and will be sent to a university in Bahia Blanca. I will be 17.

I want my own apartment and I want to know the ropes. I recently visited Argentina for a month in July of 2018. Everyone was wearing scarfs and layers of jackets and I was actually sweating and walked around in short sleeves. So its barely cold for me.

After a conversation with my mom it seems like once I go, I will kinda be stuck there.

So I need several things from this community and hopefully you will all help me with your experience. Also feel free to give out advice about anything and everything.

Here's what I will need:
-A moving/packing list for college kid. What will I need for the weather, college (I saw how expensive pencils are), etc.
-Bilingual schools; I will be stuck there and so my kids will be born here. I prefer French or German. But do bother to send me other schools. It can be anywhere in Argentina. I'm stuck Argentina, not in Bahia Blanca.
-Some customs (eating pizza with a fork, man did I feel American when I ate it with my hand).
-Places to avoid for safety reasons. I am a tiny, young female. I don't need problems.
-Legal self defense weapons that I can carry. Can I carry pepper spray, for example.
-Does Argentina have in place the baby name lists? Because I already have a list and I'm not changing it. That's one American thing about me. Don't matter where I go, the government isn't birthing my kid, so I'll name it whatever I please. Otherwise I won't be that American that goes and be rude to other people.
-Cars. I want the car of my dreams. Can BMWs be bought in AR, and do I run of risk of it getting keyed?

I am Hispanic. Dominican-Argentinian.
I know Spanish fairly well so I'll be fine in that district.

I do not think that Argentina would be a good fit for most U.S. raised 17-year-olds including yourself as you seem to have little connection to the country and don't seem to have a very good understanding of life here already.

Back