Telecom Wireless Phone Line

NickF

Registered
I'm trying to get a second phone line in my house to use as a local business number. Telecom has a line which is actually wireless. The company says it is just as good as a landline. But it apparently relies on mobile technology, so I find it hard to believe that the quality of the line is going to be better than a cell phone.

Does anyone have experience using a Telecom wireless phone line? How is the quality of the connection? Better than cell phone? Same? Worse?

Thanks!

I'd get a virtual local number that relies on a real landline cable. Such as with Skype.
Or I would use a mobile phone as a business phone, who cares if it is the number of a landline or of a mobile line, anyway?

Telecom's branded cell service is Personal. I'm sure that it would use the same connections. Go buy a prepaid Personal sim for 15 pesos and check to see if you have service in your house.

Thanks. I do have a Skype number, but it is a U.S. number, not an Argentina number. I didn't think you could get an Argentina number through Skype, but I'll go back and check. Anyway I do have a problem sometimes with my internet connection occasionally, and I do need a reliable and stable way for my clients to reach me so that is why I am considering a landline. I have a cell phone and use that, but the connection is not always great. For a variety of reasons, it's good for me to have a landline for this business...

Anyone have first hand with this product offered by Telecom and if so what's your experience with it?

Back