teleworking bill

sts7049

Registered
can anyone explain to me what the government was trying to achieve with this new bill? what is the "good" that comes out of these new regulations?

The point is «they're on to it.»

The non disclosed obvious is they're absolutely clueless but they must and will have a finger in that pie.

For the good of the workers, of course.

Iz

can anyone explain to me what the government was trying to achieve with this new bill? what is the "good" that comes out of these new regulations?

Those two articles were a total disgrace. I guess thats what passes for reporting these days. They read like a he said she said. They try to weave some sort of narrative by stitching together quotes from both sides of the political elites here. This is represented as reporting on a new law. But where are the specifics of the actual law? Any details or links? Nope, just kabuki theater.

Anyway, I decided to google a little, I found some more info, for those of you that care about the actual details; it looks like they are just extending standard worker protections and pay levels to people who are being forced to work from home, as well as some other sensible context based measures.

Cheers!

Here is some more detailed reporting from ambito, fyi all:

those other articles do explain better what the law is, but where was the "problem" that had to be solved? whose rights were being trampled on and taken advantage of?

and this here might be one of the most ridiculous "rights" i've ever seen

" Disconnection. You will" have the right to disconnect from digital devices and / or information and communication technologies, outside of your working day and during periods of leave ", and there will be no penalties" for making use of this right.

and this here might be one of the most ridiculous "rights" i've ever seen

" Disconnection. You will" have the right to disconnect from digital devices and / or information and communication technologies, outside of your working day and during periods of leave ", and there will be no penalties" for making use of this right.

Let's say you work in a call center. When you had to go to the office, you answered calls you received on an office phone from 9 to 5. Now you work remotely and calls are transferred to your home number. Your employer wants you to stay put and accept an "occasional call from Singapore at 3am". Now you have a right to refuse. And it applies not only to the phone calls, but support requests you receive via online ticket system, company messenger, etc.

I've noticed locals love hard rules to point to as to why they cannot do something. This would be a good reason, "it's against the law" one of my favorite excuses. Right up there with "it's complicated".

Whatever works for them I guess

Back