teleworking bill

The article does not mention anything about the law, it is just mere gossip about the sentiment among the diputades.
Some of the main subjects dicussed:
Limitation of working hours.
Right to digital disconnection.
Defines that it will be voluntary and provides for reversibility.
Work tools must be provided, maintained, and eventually repaired by the employer.
Expense compensation
It includes trade union rights and the duty to register with the Ministry of Labor the companies that develop the modality (referred to union representatives).
Right to privacy and data protection.
Safety and hygiene.
Care tasks (right to schedules compatible with care work for people who have minor children and / or people with disabilities or older dependents).

[QUOTE = "lunar, post: 390952, member: 66249"]
Let's say you work in a call center. When you had to go to the office, you answered calls you received on an office phone from 9 to 5. Now you work remotely and calls are transferred to your home number. Your employer wants you to stay put and accept an "occasional call from Singapore at 3am". Now you have a right to refuse. And it applies not only to the phone calls, but support requests you receive via online ticket system, company messenger, etc.
[/ QUOTE]
if you don't like your employer, quit. if you don't like the work life balance, then quit and find a new job. there is no need for more laws to manage this sort of thing.

We are on the same page that there needs to be some oversight of business, especially large corporations, but I don't believe that Argentine politicians do the best job of it, or that the laws they pass are because they are genuinely concerned with workers rights.

Unions can be valuable to protect workers rights and advocate for wage increases. The problem is that many of the Argentine unions are run by mafia figures who become extremely wealthy at the expense of the general public. They extort business and make goods more expensive for everyone, including the working class.

Despite all the faults in the US system, it's hard to argue that Argentina's politicians have created a better system for the poor and working class than the US. Compare East St Louis to the Villas of Santiago del Estero. I'd much rather be poor in East St Louis. NZ, Germany, Norway, etc I think do a better job than the US for creating a prosperous system with more adequate safety nets.

Have a good weekend L2B!

Paragraphs 1 and 2; agreed. Paragraph 3; I don't accept that framing as I think it misses out a lot of variables and is also not what I'm arguing for.

I had a little look into how US federal law deals with worker rights for homeworking/teleworking, having correctly assumed that this will be a 'hot issue' globally right now given the context. That way we can compare a little more apples to apples.

The difference in tone and focus from the related news coverage is striking, see for example:

Discussion on the FFLA:

And even more starkly, this Forbes article on how employer rights to monitor their workers while at home through keylogging , comms tracking, and timestamp checking everything, are routinely and legally used through exceptions in the ECPA:

Have a good weekend too,

Cheers!

those other articles do explain better what the law is, but where was the "problem" that had to be solved? whose rights were being trampled on and taken advantage of?

and this here might be one of the most ridiculous "rights" i've ever seen

" Disconnection. You will" have the right to disconnect from digital devices and / or information and communication technologies, outside of your working day and during periods of leave ", and there will be no penalties" for making use of this right.

a healthy limit for the worker. otherwise employer want you workings any day or night or weekends

Back