Temporary Dollar Rental Contracts To Be Controlled By Afip

1h5z4x.jpg

RIP Airbnb

I don't see anything different that what is currently required. Further, to be fully compliant with the rental tax laws, the reporting to AFIP for rental tax income must be accompanied by a signed and notarized legal Argentine rental contract in Spanish The last time I checked, notary signatures are about A$R500.

Digging deeper I did find the rub. Starting next year owners or representatives of owners will be required to file monthly with AFIP. Until now owners that were under the 3-property level or under A$R8000 per month were not required to file monthly.

I don't see anything different that what is currently required. Further, to be fully compliant with the rental tax laws, the reporting to AFIP for rental tax income must be accompanied by a signed and notarized legal Argentine rental contract in Spanish The last time I checked, notary signatures are about A$R500.

GS I'm not aware that my landlord or most of the people I know report monthly the Rental income to the AFIP page, for rentals of more more than 1 day and up to 6 months. Least of all to notarize the contract? Below is a Google translation of the pertinent Articles.

Section 1 - Establish a system of information regarding the operations of properties temporary location for tourism.
For the purpose of this scheme is meant for temporary location of buildings for tourism purposes to the locations of properties designed to provide accommodation to tourists in homes furnished, for not less than one (1) day nor more than SIX (6) period months.
SUBJECTS REQUIRED
Clause 2 -. They are required to comply with this scheme subject to administer, manage, or act as intermediaries as providers of temporary leasehold location for tourism.
When the temporary location is performed directly by the owner, this will be the obligated by the regime.
INFORMATION SUPPLIED
Clause 3 -.'s Address provided in the preceding article shall provide, per calendar month, data from the operations of temporary locations for tourism, according to the requirements, terms and other conditions set forth in this general resolution.
To this end, they must be accessed via "Internet" site "web" of this body (http://www.afip.gob.ar) and enter the service "Record Real Estate Transactions" with "Tax Code" -obtained pursuant to the General Resolution No. 2239, its amendments and complementary-and select the "Temporary Locations" option.
The computer system will issue a receipt of the transaction made.
MATURITY

There was an article on this in InfoBae but it seemed that what was new is that they were going after vacation HOUSES as well. And not necessarily for foreign tourists, but like beach houses that locals might rent during vacations....

Rich thanks for posting the translation, but I find it practically incomprehensible as written. Maybe it would be better put in your own words!

Back