Temporary Dollar Rental Contracts To Be Controlled By Afip

I agree with Ceviche how do they enforce it???..... you can make all the tax laws you want.......but if nothing is ever enforced or impossible to monitor.....what is the difference........
I am not saying break the law.....I dont own rental property.... I just see a real pain in the ass in paperwork and more money for accountants or such.......

Rich thanks for posting the translation, but I find it practically incomprehensible as written. Maybe it would be better put in your own words!

Blame it on Google or use a different translator...! :D

Digging deeper I did find the rub. Starting next year owners or representatives of owners will be required to file monthly with AFIP. Until now owners that were under the 3-property level or under A$R8000 per month were not required to file monthly.

Even if the rental property is empty must report monthly "No Activity " status for 6 months...!

how will they enforce it?

what if the owner does not file taxes as required

Its an AFIP (IRS) resolution....!! Guess this happens everywhere in the World , no problem unless you get caught :cool: How will they enforce this ? Ask Etchegaray...!!

Wasn't there a requirement that if you sold a property you did not live in, you had to show rental receipts and proof of tax payments? I thought I recalled this from awhile ago and people saying AFIP even looked at utility bills to show apartments had been in use and not just empty.... ?

Wasn't there a requirement that if you sold a property you did not live in, you had to show rental receipts and proof of tax payments? I thought I recalled this from awhile ago and people saying AFIP even looked at utility bills to show apartments had been in use and not just empty.... ?

TRUE the AFIP will check utility bills if you claim the place was EMPTY and determine if bills were at the minimum rates..!!

These kind of laws, these kind of taxes, are made exclusively "para la gilada". Para el chiquitaje, also, since they never go after the big fishes. And of course, 80% of this money will end in someones pocket.

i asked a Argie friend of mine. dude owns 20 properties in capital - all for rent. And he was laughing at top of his voice, when read the news link.
he called it in his own words... "AFIP publicity"

Your friend can laugh all he wants. When he goes to sell any of his 20 properties I recommend that he bring some lubricant.

There is a Presumption of Rental Income Tax here in Argentina. If you are a non-resident and you have property here you are presumed to have rented your property every day that you have owned it and they want their 21%. You are guilty. AFIP is not required to prove anything. The only exceptions are for the days that you are inside of Argentina you do not owe rental income tax. The other exception is if the utility usage is below 100 Kwh.

There is a Presumption of Rental Income Tax here in Argentina. If you are a non-resident and you have property here you are presumed to have rented your property every day that you have owned it and they want their 21%. You are guilty. AFIP is not required to prove anything. The only exceptions are for the days that you are inside of Argentina you do not owe rental income tax. The other exception is if the utility usage is below 100 Kwh.

Any idea how this applies to residents? And, how is the rental amount calculated if one never paid?

Back