Temporary Rental Agencies - Apartment Owner

mcaffa

Registered
I just purchased a great studio apartment in Palermo Soho that I will be furnishing and renting out to foreigners.

I want to rent it out through a temporary rental agency and hope to have them basically manage the apartment.

Can anyone recommend a good agency to go with? Are there any that I should avoid?

Avoid all of them. I have not found one worth working with. Also, from my knowledge, they do not manage them. They only act as middlemen to list the property, collect rent and collect their share.

You would be better off listing the property on craigslist and managing it yourself.

I have a two bedroom apt. in Recoleta. I have used argentinaconsultant.com for the last two years and I am completely satisfied with every aspect of their dilegent and professional handling of short term rentals. Mark Rodgers is based in San Clemente, Ca. He handles the bookings and Augusto Penalva is the jonny on the spot. He pays all the bills and handles all guest needs (check in and out, maid service, laundry etc).

French jurist said:
Many replies from people with 1,2, or less than 15 posts. Just saying :cool:

Lol,

I was thinking the same thing. These are all self promotion posts. Nothing wrong with it, but be aware of it.

-----------------------------------

There are hundreds of agencies in Buenos Aires. No matter what agency you work with, there are always some mixed reviews. The best thing to do is do your own search online, call a few, have a couple interviews and feel the agents out.

Usually what works best for you isn't what works best for everyone else since everyone has different personalities and needs etc.

Good Luck.

AlexfromLA said:
Lol, I was thinking the same thing. These are all self promotion posts. Nothing wrong with it, but be aware of it.

And you wouldn't believe all the PMs I got today. Good lord.

Thanks for the advice. I can see that I'll be interviewing a lot of agencies over the next month or so.

Hey - I have a friend who manages apts (I think he has 7 or 8 - ones he owns or his family owns as well as 1 or 2 of close friends).

He's super good and does his own promoting, etc but doesn't work for an agency. However, most of his are consistently rented out. His apts are all high-end. If you want, I'm happy to put you in touch with him.

Back