Slow internet in temporary rental

Summer

Registered
The internet WiFi that came with the current temporary rental is awful. About 1.5 mbps. I like the place aside from the internet. How can I get faster internet?(Aside from asking the people I’m renting from) Personal WiFi Zone pops up as a network to choose from, so I was also wondering if that is solid. If so how do I get on it? Need good upload + download. Nothing crazy 40mbps+ should be fine.

The internet WiFi that came with the current temporary rental is awful. About 1.5 mbps. I like the place aside from the internet. How can I get faster internet?(Aside from asking the people I’m renting from) Personal WiFi Zone pops up as a network to choose from, so I was also wondering if that is solid. If so how do I get on it? Need good upload + download. Nothing crazy 40mbps+ should be fine.
From the Personal WiFi homepage https://www.personal.com.ar/ayuda/internet/wifi/que-es-personal-wifi-zone :

➜ Who can use Personal WiFi Zone?
This benefit is available to those who have contracted the Personal internet service at home, regardless of the speed or technology contracted.
To access, you only need to have a device that allows you to connect to the “Personal WiFi Zone” network.

So, it's not for you, I imagine. Quite a few people seem to use normal mobile services, generally Personal (fastest) or Claro (cheapest), but whether it's useful for you would depend on what you want to use it for.

I'm currently working on claro 4g hot-spot, waiting fiber. It's decent and cheap, but I only spend 1-2gb per day. 15gb is around 3 dolars. Not permanent solution of course.

If it's a temporary rental, and you don't have the option to install a different service, your options are very limited. Personal Wi-Fi Zone in public spaces is adequate for checking emails, but not much else. You can try purchasing an internet package from Claro and use your phone as a hotspot. 40 GB costs about 10 bucks. Upload speeds are 10-15mbps normally, though.

To access, you only need to have a device that allows you to connect to the “Personal WiFi Zone” network.
Telecentro offers a similar service, which doesn't require purchasing home internet from them.

Still think that Claro internet is a better option.

If you go the mobile route, you should, of course, check what coverage and what technology (3G, 4G, or 5G - only for Personal) you have at your location, rather than blindly pick an operator. Opensignal (only in the app) have coverage maps.

Back