Temporary Residency application using the Radex website

artisans

Registered
Having just completed / finalized my application through this online internet service I'd like to share the experience including some pitfalls that might help ease the way in successfully getting through it. I was at Immigraciones today over on Av. Antartida Argentina, waiting in line with a lot of others and one of the managers came out promoting and passing out information to all about using this system instead of the traditional way of applying. I took that to mean the government is really behind this and is offering an easier way to apply. The address is: http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/radex/index.html

First, this website is entirely in Spanish language. Whatever your level of reading and comprehension in Spanish is, if you can't read it or have doubts you need to add Google Translate to your web browser. On my browser this meant adding an extension which allows you to tell the browser to 'translate this page'. In addition, in a separate browser window, I open this Google translate page: https://translate.google.com which allows you to copy from any page and paste it for an instant translation.
With these two tools you can overcome the language boundary and use this website. Once you know what it's saying or asking for you can input your information in the forms in English, or check a box or fill in a box.

My experience using this online application program was that you've got to manage entering the information and uploading the necessary documents yourself, following what the program is asking you to do. Even though they provide contact information I found they #1 don't answer the phone and #2 if you send them an e-mail, you'll get an automated reply in Spanish with links to information and giving you a last ditch method of contacting them which includes a written request and uploaded documents where they're supposed to respond to your particulars. If you can make the online program work for you, you're going to get through it. If you need assistance, there's not that much and nothing quick out there from my experience. And if you decide to trek to Immigraciones at Avenida Antartida Argentina for information, god help you, if you manage to get through the construction area and enter Immigraciones you'll end up in a slow moving line with loads of people waiting to get to speak to someone, like 3 hours of waiting.

The system is designed to allow you to create an online file of your data, to enter your information that they require you to provide, to pay for the service(s) you are requesting online, to allow you to upload to the website the documents they want from you in this first round, to complete all the information and then finalize your application and close the file. Once you've completed and finalized your application, the next step is for them to contact you with an appointment invitation and advice on what you need to bring (including the documents you uploaded) to the appointment. This is phase phase 2, as I understand it, leading to your then receiving advice of your temporary residency.

That's the overview. Next post will be on the wrinkles and some issues I ran into and had to solve before I could finalize the application.

That's the overview. Next post will be on the wrinkles and some issues I ran into and had to solve before I could finalize the application.
Here are my advices and observations for success in the Radex app.
A: Choose to use Google Chrome browser. Turn off Ad Blocker extensions. I started out using Safari and had some problems signing into the website once i'd gotten a username and password. At the end of the application, again using Safari, could not progress correctly and might of voided my application. Use Google Chrome, it works.
B: Get all your documents done, ready to upload, and upload your docs in one pass. Radex does allow you to upload some, close and come back later to add more but have these docs ready to upload. Radex seems to prefer jpeg files, although it allows pdf files for some docs. Also you can use your cell phone to take a picture of your documents for upload. Here's a list of the docs:
#1 last entry in Argentina stamped in passport page
#2 criminal report from the country you've been residing in
#3 the apostille of that criminal report from the Argentine embassy in the country you've been residing
#4 profile picture (head shot with a 1/4 turn)
#5 photocopy of the main passport page (not all pages, just the principle information page), #6 certificado de domicilio
**Specific to your basis of application (mine was Pensioner), this upload page appears near the end of the process.
#7 proof of income

Paying your bill
C-1: There is a payment section. Fee based on your status, Mercosur or outside Mercosur. There are two processing time options. If you choose standard processing time (can take up to 90 days) you'll pay the base fee and immediately receive a receipt attached to an e-mail. You will then receive an e-mail with 2 additional "boletos" / invoices attached. These must be printed out and paid as follows: Invoice 1 - lots of printing on the invoice for 185 pesos (this pays for your Argentina Criminal report that Immigrations does on your behalf) - take the invoice to a Correos and pay it there. (no Rapi-pago or bank will take it) Invoice 2 - 300 pesos - has something to do with DNI - very little detail on the invoice and no indication where to pay. (no Rapi-pago, no Correas, no Banco Nacional or Banco Ciudad or other bank would accept it or knew what to do with it) Now I'm being told Banco Provincia will accept it and allow you to pay. (to be updated)
C-2: It's in your best interest to pay these invoices asap and then send them an e-mail with your basic identify and attached copies of each of the 3 paid invoices. (your payment of application fee, the Argentina criminal report invoice and the DNI related invoice.
C-3:During the payment process you will be offered the opportunity for accelerated handling (express) of your application for 10,000 pesos. They give no time frame, only vague ASAP time frame. Cautions: 1 - This is a one time offer! If you don't choose it when offered it never appears again and I've been told you cannot ask to add it later. 2 - If you do choose the accelerated service, Immigrations will not do the Argentina criminal report, you'll have to get it done yourself and bring it to you appointment. The appointment that comes after you complete your Radex application.

D: Avoid clicking the Finalizir button until you've completed all the work inside. You do to want to click Finish until all work is done. The website doesn't give you good navigation on closing the application before you've completed all the work. But you can close it and come back to work on it further. Several times I just closed the browser to end the session. Caused no problems.

Those are the wrinkles I experienced in Radex.

Thanks for all of that. I entered all of the info. Paid the $6000AR fee plus I think a $600AR fee for my DNI. They got back to me and asked for proof of where I live and I provided that. They said it was received and acceptable.

10 days ago they said nothing was wrong, No problem. Since then, nothing. Any experience as to how long until I get an appointment? Your experience?

Thanks, Nancy

Thanks for all of that. I entered all of the info. Paid the $6000AR fee plus I think a $600AR fee for my DNI. They got back to me and asked for proof of where I live and I provided that. They said it was received and acceptable.

10 days ago they said nothing was wrong, No problem. Since then, nothing. Any experience as to how long until I get an appointment? Your experience?

Thanks, Nancy
Were you renewing a temporary residency? I ask that because I need to renew my pensioner's temp residency. When I registered on Radex and got into it, it said "Solicitar Nueva Residencia," which made me think that the new system was only for those for are requesting residency for the first time. Am I wrong and it's for prórrogas/renewals as well?

Updates to the Radex application:
On Friday last I completed and finalized the application online. Monday morning following, I located a Banco Provincia on the corner of Santa Fe and Riobamba and successfully paid the 300 pesos invoice related to DNI. A bank with pleasant attendants, easy register for a turn and short lines to get to the bank windows. By co-incidence or not, a short time later received an e-mail from DIRECCION NACIONAL DE MIGRACIONES informing me to perfect 3 things in my application. They advised, with the new password provided in the e-mail, I could re-enter the Radex website to upload the documents required.
- provide a translated, legalized document of my Social Security Benefit Statement which I had uploaded in English
- provide a translated, legalized document of my police report from my last residence which was in English. The accompanying Apostillle from the Argentina Embassy was all ready in Spanish
- provide a actual picture of myself (i take this to mean a selfie taken with my cell phone) instead of the cellphone shot of a standard photo I'd had taken for use on documents
**importantly they are not asking for an Apostille of the Social Security Benefits letter. All of their asks can be accomplished here in Buenos Aires.
**also importantly once I have the requested documents in hand I can return to Radex online and upload copies of them to the website.

Thanks, Nancy
This IS the question, "when is the appointment?" I was encouraged by their quick follow up. However they give themselves 90 days. If I don't hear something by one week after I've gotten their okay on the new documents I'm going to be asking 'when?' by e-mail. The e-mail received today with the required changes appears to be a two way channel.
I also received an e-mail today replying to a question on another topic I'd asked about 15 days ago. Not an encouraging sign.

Back