Temporary Residency application using the Radex website

Were you renewing a temporary residency? I ask that because I need to renew my pensioner's temp residency. When I registered on Radex and got into it, it said "Solicitar Nueva Residencia," which made me think that the new system was only for those for are requesting residency for the first time. Am I wrong and it's for prórrogas/renewals as well?
Mine is a new application.

Updates to the Radex application, 23 April 2019
After "Finalizing" the application and then receiving a follow up e-mail from "DIRECCION NACIONAL DE MIGRACIONES - Pedido de Informacion" requesting additional information that was not in the website, detailed earlier in the thread, I completed those uploads and was congratulated again, only to receive another "Pedido de informacion" e-mail the following day. Note in their favor, they do follow up quickly. In the next request they're "perfecting" picture and document information they all ready had: #1 picture of 1st entry stamp in passport; must add it's adjacent passport page #2 certificate de domicilio - which was all ready uploaded, acquired through their offices that do the certificado through appointment, not from the police station. #3 Legalization of translation of my pension benefits - which was all ready completely uploaded, but the Legalization was the last page of 7 pages.
From my point of view, they just seem to be dicking around on minor details or there's some problem with the person reviewing the uploaded documents. The website designers did their job - it's a working website. Unfortunately the people working with the information they get seem to be about what you get here day in, day out. Waiting for their next communique tomorrow.

So, to wrap up this faze of the Radex application process. 29 April 2019
As noted after you finalize your application on-line they may send you follow up e-mails requiring you to go back and change a picture or document or add translation or apostille to a document. In my case I finalized the application and 3 times was required to go back in and make changes, three times after finalizing the application I received an in-screen notice that I'd succeeded, only to have to go back in and perfect the information. Then, when they stop sending go back and fix e-mails and days pass - this is the sign that they've accepted your application and you've then in Paso 2 - which means you're waiting for the appointment to bring your docs, get finger printed, get the Propecia. They do not tell you, ok, you're really done this time. They just stop sending follow up e-mails. If you try to go back into the online program there is a message saying you've got up to 90 days to wait for a normal application or if you paid the 10,000 pesos for expedited processing then your case will be handled, vaguely, sooner.
And now you wait to get an e-mail with your appointment date. With zero indication of when that might be except as noted.

8 May 2019 After every attempt to get further information from Immigraciones about an appointment, having finalized the Radex application, and encountering a wall of silence I decided to act on a discovery I'd made at Immigraciones. After two different hours long waits in the main building trying to get information at "Informes" I discovered by accident there's is a separate building that handles Ex-Mercosur application appointments. It is Edificio 6, deeper in the property. Lines are short, signage is good.
It is the place you would go for an appointment to progress your application. However they are willing to talk to you without an appointment. Once inside I was recommended to go to the "D" section with my questions. No one leapt out to ask why I was standing there so I asked through the glass, someone pointed me to another person and, in Spanish, I explained my situation (had been notified the Radex application was finalized) and urgency ( needing a Precaria asap). People seem kind and understanding here and willing to help. A woman looked up my case, discovered it was delayed, awaiting an apostilled document proving income. She produced an example of the document I needed to provide to move my case forward and invited me to return with it and all my original documents when I had it. She will process my case.
The income document required is a proof of pension.
I'm on a US passport. To get an apostilled Benefits letter from the US I was quoted U$295 plus exorbitant shipping costs, hundreds of dollars, by a company that offers their express service online. However, courtesy of Steve bsas here on BAExpats, who informed me that the U.S. Embassy can produce a Social Security benefits letter in Spanish, I was able to get the letter through an appointment at no charge from the U.S. Embassy and because it's considered here a domestic document, it can be apostilled here for a fee.
There is a government office that schedules appointments for apostille https://www.cancilleria.gob.ar/es/legalizaciones-y-apostilla-en-el-pais . Getting an appointment make take weeks or days. There is a calendar of available dates. I am working through an escribano. Hopefully he is connected. I am now waiting the apostilled document so I can return to Edificio 6, Section D.

You have the option of "Apostille" or "Legalization". Both serve the same purpose.
If apostille is a long process, you can in a few hours get your embassy document legalized (at Ministry of External Affairs, Arenales 9xx) in a few hours and no prior appointment required.

You have the option of "Apostille" or "Legalization". Both serve the same purpose.
If apostille is a long process, you can in a few hours get your embassy document legalized (at Ministry of External Affairs, Arenales 9xx) in a few hours and no prior appointment required.
Thank you for contributing to the conversation on this. I would certainly welcome the easy fix on this through a "Legalization", however as this document verification has unfolded with Immigraciones there have been 3 events - #1 was the criminal history from my country of residence, this was an document external to Argentina but it required legalization by the country of residence, then apostille by the Argentina Embassy of that country #2 when submitting pension proof documents through Radex, my US origin documents were translated and legalized here in Bs - Immigraciones asked for an Apostille. I then added the U.S. Embassy benefits letter in Spanish and they then finalized the Radex application and appeared to accept the application as complete. But today it became clear they were waiting for more. #3 today, visiting the Ex-Mercosur D window at Bldg 6 the woman reviewed my application and told me the reason I hadn't gotten an appointment was they were waiting an Apostilled doc. She said that the U. S. Embassy benefits letter in Spanish was acceptable and then she made a photocopy of someone else's document that was Apostilled here in Bs as an example - and told me to return with my U.S. Embassy doc Apostilled. As in the example she provided. There was no offer that it could alternatively be 'Legalized'. I'm in real need of the Precaria asap and not inclined to test her contrary to her helpful advice.
I'll appreciate your reply and further opinion. One's as good as the other to me but I need one that they'll accept.

Thank you for contributing to the conversation on this. I would certainly welcome the easy fix on this through a "Legalization", however as this document verification has unfolded with Immigraciones there have been 3 events - #1 was the criminal history from my country of residence, this was an document external to Argentina but it required legalization by the country of residence, then apostille by the Argentina Embassy of that country #2 when submitting pension proof documents through Radex, my US origin documents were translated and legalized here in Bs - Immigraciones asked for an Apostille. I then added the U.S. Embassy benefits letter in Spanish and they then finalized the Radex application and appeared to accept the application as complete. But today it became clear they were waiting for more. #3 today, visiting the Ex-Mercosur D window at Bldg 6 the woman reviewed my application and told me the reason I hadn't gotten an appointment was they were waiting an Apostilled doc. She said that the U. S. Embassy benefits letter in Spanish was acceptable and then she made a photocopy of someone else's document that was Apostilled here in Bs as an example - and told me to return with my U.S. Embassy doc Apostilled. As in the example she provided. There was no offer that it could alternatively be 'Legalized'. I'm in real need of the Precaria asap and not inclined to test her contrary to her helpful advice.
I'll appreciate your reply and further opinion. One's as good as the other to me but I need one that they'll accept.
To get our initial retiree residency or to renew it, we had only to get the the SS benefits letter in Spanish from the US Embassy here legalized at the Ministry of External Affairs on Arenales. Before you could just show up. Last year you could, (maybe you had to )make an appt. ; I don't remember.

Thanks for all your posts. Every time I have been to "Informes" at Migraciones, I have gotten conflicting answers. I will go to building 6 with my question, as you suggest. A few months back a poster said that Radex was asking him for a new police report for a residency renewal. Do you know if that is the case? I ask you or whoever might know because they have never asked for that before for a renewal. Of course, I can't get far enough into Radex at this point to find out because I am more than 60 days out.

To get our initial retiree residency or to renew it, we had only to get the the SS benefits letter in Spanish from the US Embassy here legalized at the Ministry of External Affairs on Arenales. Before you could just show up. Last year you could, (maybe you had to )make an appt. ; I don't remember.
This is reminding me of the 'getting the certificado de domicilio' episode. I found the online government page for applying an appointment specifically for an extranjero without DNI. I signed up and went through the process. In advance they didn't tell you your passport page 1 had to be translated and legalized, taking extra days to accomplish. Meanwhile my friend went to the police department and applied the old way, took him 2 days, minimal docs and done.
The place for the apostille is on Esmeralda, another government office. Thanks for your experience.

Back