Temporary Residency application using the Radex website

From what I know, this is not the regular case and I suppose you should have got/chosen a nearby location. Might be a mistake on your end. Have you checked your address? Selecting Buenos Aires province rather than the city of Buenos Aires is a common error for example.

You should be able to cancel the appointment though and if you are not familiar with the system, some professional support could be useful.

Even if you spent one day in Argentina the local police certificate will be necessary and they will happily issue it - But as I said you get it on the spot at Migraciones if you didn’t ask for a priority appointment.
Yes, I did request and paid for priority appointment, but I don't think this is the issue! You are right I could have chosen the wrong province! I'm going to the Immigration Office and find out how I can change the location! Thank you for your kind info which helped raising the question if I've made a mistake when selecting the location!

Take care 🌹

Dear members, this is my report for today, within one hour only I've obtained the Argentinean criminal clearance certificate.

Went to the Immigration Office, the immigration officer was kind and understood that I've made an error in selecting the wrong location for the appointment. He asked me to come to his office at the same date and time of the appointment that I've received.

So everything is going well on my own efforts without a lawyer! only received useful guidance and adviced from awesome, helpful members especially Mr. Patho.

Once I'll obtain the temporary residence status and the DNI, it will be my great honored to invite few members for lunch or dinner, those who I've benefited from their kind advices and directions.

Thank you so much 🌹

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great Alexindia!

Online communication can be easily misunderstood without visual cues.

The reality has been totally the opposite though. At each step, be it banks, the police, the immigration office, almost each time there were very friendly people helping you or going out of their way to find an alternative way if there's a problem. Being kind and respectful goes a long way.

Thanks for sharing your experience, it will definitely help others to have an idea how things work.

Good luck with the rest of your "tramite"!

Sounds great Alexindia!

Online communication can be easily misunderstood without visual cues.

The reality has been totally the opposite though. At each step, be it banks, the police, the immigration office, almost each time there were very friendly people helping you or going out of their way to find an alternative way if there's a problem. Being kind and respectful goes a long way.

Thanks for sharing your experience, it will definitely help others to have an idea how things work.

Good luck with the rest of your "tramite"!

My appointment went very well and reissue new precaria with dni number! I had to use my mobile translator apps in order to communicate with the immigration officer, it helps a lot.

Honestly, I don't know when I will receive the DNI and the temporary residence?

However, I'm relax and now I can focus on learning Spanish language and travels, explore the beautiful Argentina.

Take care amigos

Hello, for those who want to apply for temporary residence this website has answers for almost all of the questions.

Back