Tennis Lessons

duanestorey

Registered
I'm in Palermo Soho, and I understand there are some courts nearby on Costa Rica? Anyone have any experience playing or taking lessons there? I haven't played in about ten years (I was never any good), but I wouldn't mind taking some refresher lessons just to get back into it.

Thanks.

I am in the same booth as you, haven't really played like 10 years but like to get started to play regular.

Maybe we can meet up?

I´m not sure about courts on Costa Rica but I´ve played at the Complejo Deportivo El Circulo at Av. Sarmiento 4040 (and Lugones). You rent the court by the hour, the price varies from $85-$100 depending on the day/time and you can also rent a racquet there for $15 if you don´t have one or want to try out a different one. Reservation call 4777-0388. Plus there is a tennis shop on site (Tenis Global) where you can buy racquets, tennis balls, etc. I don´t know if they offer lessons there . . . but it´s a place to practice! Good luck!

El chabon said:
I am in the same booth as you, haven't really played like 10 years but like to get started to play regular.

Maybe we can meet up?

Sure, that would be great. There are those courts in Palermo Soho I wouldn't mind trying out. If you want to meet someday just to rally the ball around, that would be cool. I'm sure I have to relearn how to hit the ball and everything, so it might be a bit painful. But would be fun I think.

I am also by no means a great tennis player so we should match up well

I am not ready to buy rackets and stuff unless there is long-term commitment so the court named above seems fine to me. It's also within a short travel away from
Palermo.

Tell me how I can get into contact with you

El chabon said:
I am also by no means a great tennis player so we should match up well

I am not ready to buy rackets and stuff unless there is long-term commitment so the court named above seems fine to me. It's also within a short travel away from
Palermo.

Tell me how I can get into contact with you

How about email, duanestorey (at) gmail (dot) com then we can sync up that way. I brought my racket from Canada, so I'm all good.

Thanks.

The courts on Costa Rica are really nice, indoor, well-kept. It's Costa Rica between Thames and Borges, I believe. Try and go before 5pm for better rates.

I took one lesson there, I think it was 150 pesos. The man they assigned to me, Humberto, was really nice, thorough, I would have continued but I moved out of Palermo.

tez said:
The courts on Costa Rica are really nice, indoor, well-kept. It's Costa Rica between Thames and Borges, I believe. Try and go before 5pm for better rates.

I took one lesson there, I think it was 150 pesos. The man they assigned to me, Humberto, was really nice, thorough, I would have continued but I moved out of Palermo.

Do you know if they rent raquets?

What are you paying for rent?

I would love to play and seem to have the same skill level as all of those responding so far. I have two rackets as well, which might make me sought after!

Let me know how to get into the game...

Hey Guys, I am also seeking English tennis lessons for beginner is Palermo, any luck??!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Expat Life 12
blackheart Services Offered 11
S Expat Life 2
blackheart Services Offered 2
A Expat Life 2
Back