Terrorist Attack = Cacerolazo?

The guy that attacked the crowd in Nice was a French-born Tunisian. I think people are really ignoring France's history with North Africa and how it "balkanized" French society, severely limiting the assimilation of members of the Muslim minority into France's mainstream.

When your police murders 200 unarmed Muslims protesters, dump their bodies into the river, and deny this ever happened for over 30 years, don't wonder afterwards why minorities fail to integrate or why extremist ideas find fertile ground.
Do you have any proof whatsoever that this incident played a role in the truck driver's radicalization? If not, STFU and stop trying to be a smartass. You're not breaking any new ground here by reminding us that France fought a bloody war in Algeria (although I am wondering what dark side of the internet you subscribe to for such a timely recollection of these gory details). What impact (if any) this has had on people who were born at least two decades later is a matter of pure speculation at this point. Also, Algeria and Tunisia are different countries fwiw.

He was a Tunisian born French dual national .
Horrible tragedy!
There's something about living in a boring homogenous country like the Czech Republic I guess!
84 dead now!

Do you have any proof whatsoever that this incident played a role in the truck driver's radicalization? If not, STFU and stop trying to be a smartass. You're not breaking any new ground here by reminding us that France fought a bloody war in Algeria (although I am wondering what dark side of the internet you subscribe to for such a timely recollection of these gory details). What impact (if any) this has had on people who were born at least two decades later is a matter of pure speculation at this point. Also, Algeria and Tunisia are different countries fwiw.

Do you have any proof that Islamist propaganda played a role on this incident, as you claimed on a previous post? If not, STFU and stop trying to be a smartass.
This is the dark side of the internet that I subscribe to for such a timely recollection of these gory details.

Again, I find it interesting that people are shocked and surprised that extremist ideas find fertile breeding grounds in a country that has a LONG history of brutalizing, discriminating and ostracizing its Muslim minorities. Does it justify what happened in Nice? Of course not, but it does help to explain it.

... I think people are really ignoring France's history with North Africa and how it "balkanized" French society, severely limiting the assimilation of members of the Muslim minority into France's mainstream.

I think that lack of assimilation is a real problem in general. I recall shortly after 9/11 60 Minutes interviewed students at an Islamic high school in Chicago. They all said that they believed the terrorists went straight to heaven for their actions. These weren't recent immigrants by the way, they all spoke unaccented English. And I just read recently that many charter schools in the US are Islamic. That bothers me. I don't want my tax dollars spent to isolate some of our citizens from other citizens.

Bob

Do you have any proof that Islamist propaganda played a role on this incident, as you claimed on a previous post? If not, STFU and stop trying to be a smartass.
This is the dark side of the internet that I subscribe to for such a timely recollection of these gory details.

Again, I find it interesting that people are shocked and surprised that extremist ideas find fertile breeding grounds in a country that has a LONG history of brutalizing, discriminating and ostracizing its Muslim minorities. Does it justify what happened in Nice? Of course not, but it does help to explain it.
The burden of proof is on you. I take it you have none, then.

The burden of proof is on you.

for what, raising a hypothesis? There is nothing to prove. We may never know why he did it. Maybe he was crazy. Maybe he was distraught that he could never come out of the closet for being gay. Maybe he grew up hearing stories about uncle Samir, who has protesting peacefully 50 years ago, roundup by the police, shot in the back of the head and dumped into the river, and the responsibles were never investigated and much less charged. And that no one in the mainstream French society ever gave a shit about it.
But it is a historical fact beyond dispute that France has treated its Muslim minority like crap for decades and that has played a key role in the fact that so many Muslims fail to integrate into French's mainstream society.

for what, raising a hypothesis? There is nothing to prove. We may never know why he did it. Maybe he was crazy. Maybe he was distraught that he could never come out of the closet for being gay. Maybe he grew up hearing stories about uncle Samir, who has protesting peacefully 30 years ago, roundup by the police, shot in the back of the head and dumped into the river, and the responsibles were never investigated and much less charged. And that no one in the mainstream French society ever gave a shit about it.
But it is a historical fact beyond dispute that France has treated its Muslim minority like crap for decades and that has played a key role in the fact that so many Muslims fail to integrate into French's mainstream society.
You and your hypotheses must be a real hit at parties. If you'll excuse me now, I need to freshen my drink.

joeschmoe1928:
Sorry. But I for one think that could be a lot of truth in what Camberiu has brought up.
The murdering of thousands of Algerians during their war for independence is a documented fact.
Not only that but the French general who ordered and supervised it admitted complete responsibility .a few years ago right before he died.
On top of that he was the French general who gave a lot of advice on killing and disappearing people to "El Negro" Massera of the military junta when Massera was ambassador to France during the "Dirty War" 1979-1983 and when his Argentine lover a woman whose body was washed up on the banks of the River Plate in the early '80s threatened to "spill the beans".I was thrilled when the story broke because I was fed up with the Argentine left's constant story line about who it had only been the bad horrible Yanqui imperialistas who were behind it.with the French coming out smelling like a rose with giving honors to the Abuelas de Plaza.de Mayo etc .What huge hypocrits°!
Camberiu:
We certainly do not agree on what's happening in Brazil but,never mind,you have my thanks for this.

Back