Terrorist Attack In Chile

The extreme left in Argentina is non existant. They are all in a way or another cooptated by the Ks and lack of any political organisation. Quebracho works for Grupo Clarin, for the right. They made a name of theirselves, a trade mark, and when somebody wants riots, etc, QUILOMBO, they call Quebracho to "embarrar la cancha", cause incidents, etc. Like happened, for instance, when the 30 years of the coup in 1976, or when we reached the final in July, or when the bicentenario.

Different the situation in Chile, apparently.

Their "leaders" may be but their recruits? Crazy fuckers are still crazy!

This wont happen in Argentina in the near future. Quilombo is and looting is what might happen. Chile's extreme rebels are a response go the comparatively very authoritarian society they have over there. One of the last Latin American countries to still have mandatory draft and where the police dress like army. The society, I believe, is also very hierarchic and despite recent elections still controlled by right wing establishment, but it "ironically" creates more opportunities for a true middle class to rise.

This wont happen in Argentina in the near future. Quilombo is and looting is what might happen. Chile's extreme rebels are a response go the comparatively very authoritarian society they have over there. One of the last Latin American countries to still have mandatory draft and where the police dress like army. The society, I believe, is also very hierarchic and despite recent elections still controlled by right wing establishment, but it "ironically" creates more opportunities for a true middle class to rise.

Very erroneous statements... particularly........" despite recent elections still controlled by right wing establishment", ??? Bachelet right wing ??? Give me a break...!! she is currently President and was also President another term in the last decade!!

Very erroneous statements... particularly........" despite recent elections still controlled by right wing establishment", ??? Bachelet right wing ??? Give me a break...!! she is currently President and was also President another term in the last decade!!

Not to mention Ricardo Lagos, who had faced down Pinochet on TV in 1987:

"Lagos became the undisputed leader of Pinochet's opponents after appearing in Canal 13's first political debate show since the 1973 coup d'état, De cara al país (towards the country), where he stated; 'With the triumph of 'No', the country will prevent General Pinochet from being 25 years in power.' Lagos then looked directly into the camera and accusingly raised his index finger to say directly to all viewers:

'General Pinochet has not been honest with the country... I will remind you, General Pinochet, that on the day of the 1980 plebiscite you said that 'President Pinochet would not be a candidate in 1989'... And now, you promise the country another eight years, with tortures, murders, and human rights violations. It seems to me inadmissible, that a Chilean can have so much hunger for power, to pretend to stay 25 years in power!'

To this day, in Chile the phrase 'Lagos' finger' refers to this memorable event; on that night, many people were convinced that the man would not survive to see the next day."

Despite Bachelet, Chile is a right wing country, and its establishment has a lot of power, more than in Argentina. The upper classes are more consolidated, there are more social distances between classes, there is more inequality in the distribution. They have a strong right wing presence in its politics, carabineros are quite an institution there, totaly different than police here. Also, as I said, despite Concertacion, despite Bachelet, etc, are still things going on in Chile, heritage from Pinochet, like the education law that previousy Bachelet could not change and she promissed to do now.

Argentina police doesn't have the means to deal with it if something happened here.
they have an old dust covered book on how to deal with terrorism. at the time they were the most efficient in the region but all the personnel from back then are in their 70s now. let´s hope both sides have learnt the lesson

Despite Bachelet, Chile is a right wing country, and its establishment has a lot of power, more than in Argentina. The upper classes are more consolidated, there are more social distances between classes, there is more inequality in the distribution. They have a strong right wing presence in its politics, carabineros are quite an institution there, totaly different than police here. Also, as I said, despite Concertacion, despite Bachelet, etc, are still things going on in Chile, heritage from Pinochet, like the education law that previousy Bachelet could not change and she promissed to do now.

Sure You understand these categories, what is a right wing Country!!!!! What other categories exist Left? , Center? What would Argentina be under your criteria ? Guess Sweden is a Left wing country? like North Korea? :D The Chilean establishment has more power than Clarin and Magneto? :confused:

Well sure some people will agree with you. Good Luck

Matías, you are getting fuller and fuller of it, and appear to need a laxative. The Carabineros differ from Argentine police in that they are a professional institution, and are only rarely corrupt. All sectors of society respect them, but for a few fringe elements.

I think you are confusing Chile with Punta del Este.

Yes despite the recent left wingers in power like Bachelet and Lagos, despite them, society is still very hierarchical (last names are scrutinized when meeting people). Despite the development of the Central Valley, a lot of wealth still comes disproportionally from the government and corporate controlled copper in the North (that was one of Bachelet's points last campaign)

Punta del Este on the other hand is a very Bourgeois Bohemian community where rich people find mingling with the (truly) poor "charming".

Back