Thai restaurant in the centro

Doctor_Stupid

Registered
Hello board expats, last year I was here and I remember there was a reasonable (by buenos aires food standards) thai food restaurant in the centro, near to the kilkenny bar.

Ive spend a few hours walking around without any luck, does anyone know what im talking about?

Was it Empire Thai? Was it on a little pedestrian street with no cars?

yes i think that was it !! the pedestrian street with no cars rings a bell

I'll look tomorrow

thanks you two

Doctor_Stupid said:
yes i think that was it !! the pedestrian street with no cars rings a bell

I'll look tomorrow

thanks you two

I think it is Empire but to tell you the truth my ex BF was Thai and he went there, he told me they do not really serve Thai food

They don't really serve Thai food... I haven't been there in a few years. I remember the ambience as nice, and I remember the green curry and Tom Yum soup being pretty good, but I once upon a time ordered Pad Thai there and it was served to me with spaghetti noodles!!

yes it definately isnt good food by any kind of international standards, but it is ok... kind of eatable... which for me in buenos aires, is good enough

I also remember that it was very expensive last year, so with another full year of inflation god knows what it will cost :eek::eek:

Is Empire Thai still open? I walked by it recently and it looked like it had closed.

I heard it closed a month or so ago. They really lasted longer than they should have.

Is there any "real" ethnic food anywhere? Really, the only way you're going to get authentic ethnic cuisine is to go to that region, or know someone who grew up with the food. Barring those options, all we can really do is take the closest versions we can find and continue to patronize the ethnic restaurants we like in BA so they stay open and to encourage others to open as well.

Back