Thanksgiving week in Buenos Aires

SFwill

Registered
Hello All. I seem to have fallen asleep at the wheel for the last 10 months or so and suddenly find myself with the maddeningly unnerving task of planning my Argentine wedding (Nov 27) from San Francisco. I had expected only about 20-30 guests to make the trek from Europe and the US, but LAN introduced very low fares from SFO so now I am planning for 70 people (most first time travelers) in Argentina. We have a good temp apartment rental connection, but I was hoping for suggestions from this helpful board on the following:

1. Good Remises in the Palermo area.
2. Cell phone rental, or places to buy SIM cards if people bring unlocked phones.
3. Any suggestions on a Tango Dinner/Show place, possibly one thats maybe smaller and would therefore be easier to reserve the whole place for one night.
4. It also seems from last week's threads that watching the NFL has become hit or miss, and while I will of course be kneedeep in a dulcedelechestuffedmilanesa empanada the whole week of the wedding, some of my imperialist gauche friends will probably want to find a place to watch american football, so longstoryshort, any lessons after Week 1 on where to go?
5. Random question, but anyone know where I could rent a large bus?
6. Lastly, if anyone is heading out of the country the week of Thanksgiving and is looking to sublet please let me know.

Sorry for so many questions, all of which have probably been answered ad nauseum in previous threads but I figured I would be selfish and try to get the most up to date. Thanks to everybody for your help!!

First, I think what you are doing is absolutely brilliant and I'm delighted for the pair of you and your families. Congratulations! I can answer your random question off the top of my head but the others might take more thinking about so....

Number 5: Most bus companies do private hire. My bus company of choice, Andesmar, offer everything from a minibus to a double-decker. If you google for Andesmar Bus the private hire page is listed as one of the click-throughs. Other bus companies are available but as I've said many times before, I like Andesmar.

Sigh, I knew I should have thrown in a line about how bad/good Lady Gaga is, or maybe talked about how the quality of BA pizza will be impacted by the upcoming WW3.

Back